posted by davidt on Wednesday December 20 2006, @03:00PM
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Informative and interesting posts will be moderated up and highlighted. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
posted by davidt on Wednesday December 20 2006, @12:00PM
An anonymous person writes:
Morrissey will be playing Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam - You can watch the concert for free at http://www.heinekenmusichall.nl/ and see the front page.
The concert will be start around 20.00u
Schmitzke writes:
I just found this very nice review of Morrissey´s show at Hamburgs "Color Line Arena". The "Hamburger Morgenpost" is a tabloid paper with well written concert and album reviews.
---
Steffen also writes:
"Business News" is Germanys first daily office newspapers for free and is provided in many larger offices.
On todays frontpage you will find Mozzer himself, with a nice article on Page 23.

The whole newspaper can be downloaded here:
http://www.businessnews.com
Kitty3780 writes:
Noticed the following two mentions of Morrissey in this weeks Guardian Guide, and thought people might be interested in reading them...

1. Music Listings Section - page 29

"Never mind Manchester, this year it has become apparent just how much Morrissey has to answer for. Though his words have traditionally championed the struggles of the meek, his emotional honesty has also proved inspirational to the current wave of dreadful emo bands currently to be found inheriting the earth. A regrettable business, maybe, but this year has also been a year when Morrissey himself has continued to deliver the goods: a new album, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, consolidated the singer's fortunes that might have been seen to have begun with his You Are The Quarry album, while a new home in Italy seems to have brought out, after a fashion, his romantic side. Explosive kegs between his legs, these homecoming shows should prove eventful"

I suspect the author of that piece to be a closet fan as they have tried to be witty, whilst slating current music trends and "regrettably" using current and currently in the same sentance, which is surely lazy journalism? Aside from that they have picked up on the more romantic stylings on this album, though I personally do not believe Morrissey is more romantic now than he has been previously. He has written some wonderful "love" songs on all his albums, people just like to imagine he's a miserable sod who has never been in love, but that's just this unhumble girls opinion.

2. The Culture Show highlighted on TV Listings - page 57

"The lovely Verity Sharp returns to the Culture Show to present the results of their Greatest Living British Icon poll, and give the show the extra credibility that CD:UK's Lauren Laverne can't yet muster. Sir David Attenborough slugs it out with Sir Paul McCartney and Dame Morrissey for the title. It really must be Attenborough. He's inspired and educated generations with great dignity and consistancy, never blotting his copybook with a Frog chorus like Macca, or even splitting up the Smiths. Mind you, as it's voted for by the public, creepy Ray from X-Factor could come in from nowhere to steal first place."

Obviously this person is not quite so enamoured of Morrissey as they have the cheek to refer to him as "Dame", and raved about David Attenborough. Oh well, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but, to borrow the lyrics of Thom Yorke on this occassion, and directed to the author, "when I am King, you will be first against the wall."

Still, I am sure they were chuffed when they saw their mate Dave was victorious... I'm not bitter... no, not in the slightest.
Today's News | December 21 | December 19  >

[ home | terms of service ]