posted by davidt on Tuesday December 19 2006, @01:00PM
Mike writes:
The new U2 video for Window in the Skies features a clip of a young Moz on stage. The video is comprised of clips of different musical artists. The way the video is edited it looks like all the artists are singing the song.
Moz and U2, love it!
---
Man0lo sends the link to the video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VskbxuehP3I

Bunbury writes:
Last night I stumbled upon Subterranean on MTV2; they were counting down the year's most requested videos. Coming in at number 10 was "You Have Killed Me". Not sure if or when they'll run a repeat of the episode, but it was nice to see Mozzer catching some mainstream love for once.
Link posted by Danny in the forums (original post):

Pandora - The Independent

Bum note
Morrissey's mercurial mouthpiece Merck Mercuriadis (a real name) has been in touch with Pandora, after the attack on the singer by Manchester's "godfather of music", Tony Wilson.

(To recap: Wilson told me Morrissey was "a nasty human being" who "treats people like shit".)

Says Mercuriadis: "I read that with some amusement, because in 2004 Tony Wilson spent the better part of six months begging for Morrissey to be the keynote speaker at his In The City [music] convention.

"We declined and it would appear that the taste of sour grapes continues to linger."

I am willing to accept that this is one of those unusual occasions where they may both be right.
---
ACTON writes:
Morrissey gives a witty interview, as always, in the run up to the Culture Show campaign for greatest living British icon. Follow the link for the ten minute interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6juHoJGrj6Y

Stefan Krix writes:
taken from the current issue (1/07) of German music mag Musikexpress (translated by me):

Sanctuary: Das Britische Label, das uns allein in den letzten 15 Monaten unter anderen mit den Alben von Morrissey, den Babyshambles, Sufjan Stevens, Adam Green und Belle & Sebastian beglückte, schließt sein deutsches Büro. Und wer kümmert sich jetzt hierzulande um all die tollen Künstler?

Sanctuary: the British label, which gave us amoungst others albums of Morrissey, The Babyshambles, Sufjan Stevens, Adam Green and Belle & Sebastian in the last 15 months alone, closes its German office. Who's gonna take care for all those great artists in this country?
Oliver Cromwell writes:
"I just want to see the boy happy" was the 10th most played song on Phantom FM this week. Phantom FM is the latest radio station to hit the airwaves in Dublin. They guarantee good music and so far no complaints.
steve writes:
BOZ took time out from his hectic MORRISSEY touring schedule earlier this year to contribute acoustic guitar and percussion for two tracks "BLACK TRAIN WHITE CITY" and "SWAMP TRICK" on our new cd "STAGGER LEE IS BACK" / STEVE HOOKER just released by NV Records - NVCD 21. we're picking up airplay in the USA and good reviews across the board from blues, punk and rockabilly writers, you can even find it in the racks at HMV stores around the UK! cheers.
Today's News | December 20 | December 18  >

[ home | terms of service ]