posted by davidt on Wednesday April 27 2005, @10:00AM
Frances sends the link:

Billboard Bits - Apr. 26, 2005

British independent music company Sanctuary Group has signed Boz Boorer to a worldwide exclusive songwriting pact. The deal includes future compositions and all songs Boorer co-wrote with long-time collaborator Morrissey for the former Smiths frontman's latest album, "You are the Quarry" (Attack/Sanctuary).

Boorer has played guitar with acts including '80s rockabilly band the Polecats and his current project "Boz and the Bozmen." He has also worked with artists including David Bowie, Joan Armatrading, Madness, Kirsty MacColl and Adam Ant.

-- Lars Brandle, London
kissmyshades writes:

Radio 5 is running a feature this morning (Tuesday) on a person who lives in Morrissey's old house in Manchester who has "had enough" of the attention of fans.
---
Grim O'Grady also writes:

They are going to interview the present residents of Kings Rd & from the pre show blurb they have had enough of people coming knocking on their door etc.
---
I am human writes:

Came across this Boz Boorer project quite by chance:

http://www.sophisticatedsavage.com/

Looks like Boz has some away-time from Mozza coming up too...
J. Hickey writes:

Just thought it might be worth a mention for those who also share a fondness for Mr. Bragg. Bill's new "Official Bootleg" Live At The Barbican, which is only available as a download from his site features a couple Smiths/Morrissey references.
A verse from "Reel Around The Fountain" is included in the middle of "Cindy of a Thousand Lives", as well as a little "rap" about Morrissey and rubber sheets.

We're all aware of Bill's fondness for Morrissey - I don't think I've seen him live where he hasn't mentioned him. I understand it's mutual, though not really mentioned by Morrissey.

That's all. I never write into these things so I thought I would.
Suswa writes:

The current issue contains The Ultimate List Issue - 75 Lists of Rock's Good, Bad, and Ugly

In the BAD section, Morrisssey's listed as #4 for 'Six Sex Tapes (Besides Fred Durst's) That We Never Want to See"

The New York Dolls make a couple lists as well.
Separate from the lists in The Spin record guide: Your monthly history of every cool album ever made

Mope Rock
The Smiths - The Smiths (Rough Trade, 1984) A young Mancunian singer with one name who understands the essence of attractive mopiness: Imply, never explain. And between his fey baritone and awkward falsetto, Morrissey taps into the universality of misery-cold bedrooms, dangerous liaisons, and losing his "faith in womanhood: (ha!)-till child murderers and perverts seem like just part of the brotherhood of man.
Today's News | April 28 | April 26  >

[ home | terms of service ]