posted by davidt on Thursday April 29 2004, @08:00AM
Ragnar Holst Larsen writes:

Morrissey is confirmed for Quart festival in Norway. They wanted him to play saturday but he wasn't available so they extended the festival one day so he could play. He will kickstart the festival on monday 5th of july.

More info on:
www.quart.no

---
Yngve writes:

Morrissey will finally be back in Norway to play the Quart Festival on monday July 5. He has only played here once before (Oslo in 1997) so this is extremely good news. The Quart Festival has actually added an extra day just to get Morrissey!
---
Juan writes:

The Quart Festival have added an extra day to include Morrissey in their line-up on Monday 5.July. link (in Norwegian)
John, England writes:

Q have given the fiercest review of YATQ to date. Under the title 'Spite Club' they've awarded it 2/5, the same score thay gave Maladjusted.

The criticism is pretty much directed at the lyrics and the only songs receiving praise were First of the Gang and Come back to Camden.

They also ran an article comparing Morrissey with Jeremy Clarkson inviting readers to distinguish between their two sets of comments.

Q used to be a staunch supporter of Moz up until the mid 90's, and even gave Southpaw four out of five.

Wonder if he declined them an interview?

---
Update: 05/01 15:06 GMT: scan of review posted by Benton on the messsage board.
sid_sideburn writes:

The May edition of Rolling Stone Magazine Germany features - as has been previously mentioned here - a very nice, but more or less disappointing 16-page-special on Morrissey, which comes up with no new photos or info and is mostly about The Smiths.

The record review section, though, features an enthusiastic review of "You Are The Quarry" and gives five stars out of five, describing Morrissey as "the best English lyricist of our time, the most controverse provocateur, the most absurd emigrant, the most poisonous critic of Britain and America" and praises the album as "as sentimental, as heartbreaking and kitsch as the scene in 'Rebel Without A Cause' when James Dean wrapped Sal Mineo in his red jacket".
Sharron Needles posted some dates on the general discussion board here.

Torr writes:

Lollapalooza 2004
Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA

Sat, Jul 17, 2004 02:30 PM - Ticketmaster

PERFORMERS SUBJECT TO CHANGE:

MAIN STAGE: Morrissey, Sonic Youth, Le Tigre, Modest Mouse, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

2ND STAGE: Broken Social Scene, The Walkmen, Wolf Eyes, Danger Mouse, Datsuns, Sahara Hotnights

CHILL TENT: DJ Peretz [Perry Farell]

SOLAR STAGE: Bumblebeez, Secret Machines, The Killers

--
Sun, Jul 18, 2004 02:30 PM

PERFORMERS SUBJECT TO CHANGE:

MAIN STAGE: String Cheese Incident, Flaming Lips, Gomez, Polyphonic Spree

2ND STAGE: The Thrills, The Coup, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Elbow, Wheat

CHILL TENT: DJ Peretz [Perry Farell]

SOLAR STAGE: Dresden Dolls

---
Update: 04/29 15:25 GMT: Torr sends the link: Lollapalooza Adds Danger Mouse, Von Bondies; Dates Unveiled - MTV.com
lcd soundsystem sends the link:

Live Review: Morrissey at The Wiltern LG in Los Angeles

by Sarah Schmelling
liveDaily Contributor

Excerpt:

... His band played solidly, but really, at his shows, it doesn't matter; a personality like his could dwarf any number of other musicians on a stage. As he prepared to leave, ripping off his shirt and dodging more hurled lingerie, he said, "I will see some of you in far off places." It seems, as long as there are angst and desperate emotion in the world, those words will always be true.
John, England writes:

uh-oh, here we go again!

Morrissey's comment in last week's NME that "it's a question of how many people you'll continue to allow to flood into your country" have been seized upon in the letters page, with the caption 'Off with his head!'.

The NME journalist writes 'this was one of many letters we received on the subject of Moz's choice of language when discussing asylum-seeker issues. Speaking personally, I was also uncomfortable with his comments.'

However, he ends by saying: 'Like most of us, I think Morrissey is guilty of ignorance over the issue of asylum, rather than any deep-rooted prejudice'.
There were two subsequent letters praising the interview and Morrissey in general.

---
John, England writes:

The UK's biggest (and I think only!) music biz publication has made IBEH its single of the week. They described it as a much stronger single than anything Moz released in the mid-late 90's, and also said that there were many more potential singles on the album.

However, IBEH still to show up on the UK airplay chart. It's only really XFM who have played it much at all so far...
Javierga Sancho writes:

I don't know if anybody saw this but I found it interesting
a pic of Nancy Sinatra and Moz

http://www.nancysinatra.com/whatsnew.php4

"To Nancy, With Love..."
03-09-04
This picture of Morrissey and me was taken by my daughter, Amanda.

The single, "Let Me Kiss You" should be coming out very soon in the UK. The album will follow in a few months.

Click to enlarge

---
Heiko writes:

OFFICIAL SANCTUARY RELEASE-PARTY: MORRISSEY "YOU ARE THE QUARRY"
BRITPOP STRIKES AGAIN "MANCHESTER NIGHT"
05.06.2004 NACHTLEBEN, FRANKFURT - GERMANY

We will show the BBC documentary "The importance of being Morrissey" on a big screen, listening party with a lot of giveaways like CD's, T-shirts, Posters, etc.

We'll be playing a ton of Morrissey/Smiths songs plus Music from other funny Manchester groups !

Dj's: Why-T & Pol

9:00pm-4:00am
The Moonlander writes:

The BBC website has a short piece on Morrissey getting the NYD to reform (minus dead people) for Meltdown.

Morrissey reunites punk pioneers - BBC News, Apr. 28, 2004
Today's News | April 30 | April 28  >

[ home | terms of service ]