posted by davidt on Thursday April 22 2004, @11:00PM
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Informative and interesting posts will be moderated up and highlighted. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
posted by davidt on Thursday April 22 2004, @09:00AM
Jarvis writes:

The part 2 to Morrissey's Interview with the NME is out now in the UK. His photograph is in the left hand corner of the cover. The NME features The Streets on its cover. (or so i think its the streets??..) Anyhow, sadly the questions in this interview are no more interesting in this interview than they were in last week's issue... But if I do say so myself, the full page photograph of him is mighty nice!
---
Tom writes:

I have transcripted the latest interview from the NME this week. It can be found here.
Guillaume Métayer writes:

From the morrisseymusic tour page:

3 dates of gig appear for Moz, the 11th, 25th and 26th of June 2004

Confirmed by youarethequarry.net tour page.
Ian Harrison writes:

We are currently putting together a Q/MOJO special edition completely devoted to The Smiths and Morrissey to go on sale at the end of May.

As part of this we are contacting fans worldwide and asking them to vote for their Top 20 Best Smiths and Morrissey Songs Of All Time, for a poll to be published in our special edition.

submit your Top 20 lists (closing date, May 4) via e-mail to us at:
[email protected]

Alternatively, you can submit entries by post to the address listed below.

Q, Mojo Special Editions
Mappin House
Winsley Street
London
W1W 8HF
England
John, England writes:

Sanctuary/Moz/Attack/whoever seems to have picked a pretty tough week for the release of the new album.

Other artists releasing albums on the same day in the UK include Alanis Morrissette, The Charlatans and Lenny Kravitz who have all sold more albums than Moz before but perhaps their profile is not so high these days.

According to Channel 4's Planet Sound, Nancy Sinatra will also be releasing 'Let Me Kiss You' on May 10th, same day as Irish Blood.
Torr writes:

http://www.thekillersmusic.com/

April 20, 2004

We've just confirmed main support for 2 of Morrissey's concerts in Los Angeles. We'll be hitting the stage at 8PM. These shows are sold out. See shows page for more info...

Thu, Apr 22 Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theater w/ Morrissey SOLD OUT

Tue, Apr 27 Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theater w/ Morrissey SOLD OUT

---
Camden Girl writes:

This gossip item appeared in THE TIMES (London), April 16, 2004 in Andrew Pierce's column:

'Does Amazon know something about the miserable Morrissey, whose comeback album is out next month, the rest of us do not? Amazon listed Saint Morrissey, a new book about the Smiths’ frontman, in the gay and lesbian category. Mark Simpson, the author, wrote to Amazon to protest: “Saint Morrissey is not a gay book, the vast majority of the people interested in it are not gay, and Morrissey has said he is not gay, or even lesbian.” '
Johan de Witt writes:

Billboard review "Irish Blood, English Heart":

MORRISSEY
Irish Blood, English Heart
Producer(s): Jerry Finn
Writer(s): Morrissey, Whyte
Publisher(s): not listed
Genre: MODERN ROCK
Label/Catalog Number: Sanctuary ATMDJ-85613-2 (CD promo)
Source: Billboard Magazine
Originally Reviewed: April 24, 2004

The ever melancholy Morrissey found his musical niche years ago and stayed there. But "Irish Blood, English Heart" should be a feast for sore ears, as it has been years since the former Smiths singer has released such an upbeat and spirited song. Rabid fans and casual listeners alike will enjoy this refreshing return to form, which features Moz's pervasive sociopolitical angst. Set against a backdrop of crashing guitars and brooding vocals-with lyrics denouncing contemporary English doctrine-"Heart" works itself into a frenzied crescendo that abruptly ends. Produced by Jerry Finn (Blink-182, AFI, Green Day), this morsel from the artist's forthcoming new album, "You Are the Quarry," will leave anxious fans swooning.-KK
Stan writes:

There's surely no classier magazine in the UK as Nuts and Morrissey features in this week's edition (23-29th April).

In the review section, a column called 'What The Expert's Say' is this week - 'This Weeks 10 Best CD's According To NME Magazine'

1. Irish Blood, English Heart - Morrissey. "The Mozfather's best solo LP since Vauxhall and I"

Good press, if glaringly inaccurate. I'm not sure if they meant to say You Are The Quarry, as all the others in the list are albums.

At the top of this list there's the tommy-gun picture with the odd tag line "I got the suit to match it'.

We'll forgive them the inaccuracy, Nuts is a very mainstream and popular magazine and to see Moz at No.1 is quite surreal. Sanctuary are really doing the business.
Today's News | April 23 | April 21  >

[ home | terms of service ]