posted by davidt on Saturday April 17 2004, @11:30PM
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Informative and interesting posts will be moderated up and highlighted. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
posted by davidt on Saturday April 17 2004, @02:00PM
Prawn Sandwiches writes:

Morrissey is to play Liverpool's Summer Pops in July. Tickets are onsale now and are available by clicking this link.

Update: 04/20 04:47 GMT: Could be a mistake, the link goes to the Manchester MEN gig now.
suedestation.com writes:

PLAYLOUDER has a "Irish Blood, English Heart" mobile ringtone, you can preview it before buying.

http://www.playlouder.com/news/ +playlouderringto/
Brighton Rich writes:

Andy Gill - X-Gang Of Four man and respected record producer was a guest reviewer on the Andrew Collins show on Radio 6 Music yesterday ( April 16 - repeated April 17 ), they eventually got onto the subject of Morrissey in a fairly roundabout way and he made it pretty clear he couldn't stand the man or the music, although he grudgingly admitted that The Smiths were 'interesting' for a while, in fact hew was pretty vicious, calling him amongst other things, crap.

I was a huge Gang of Four fan in my teens and they were - to be fair, a very important and influential band, and I know that this isn't Popbitch.com - but, if if makes anyone feel better....

I lived next door to Andy for several years in Whitechapel during the 90's - he was an utterly charmless moron who was loathed by all the residents for being rude, bad tempered and generally 'tired and emotional' in the middle of the night with his stereo on very loud. One old woman in particular called Irene was terrified of him. He was usually drunk on his own at the bar of the pub at the end of the road being miserable. On one occasion I had an argument with him about the lift door being open ( top floor flats - very irritating ) and I nearly punched him but decided against it out of respect for his contributions to music, besides - If I hit him hard enough he would have gone over the landing and I would probably be still in prison for killing a punk icon. He was eventually either evicted or did a runner - allowing squatters to move into his flat - which was fairly typical of him.

The one thing I remember most about him, and I shudder as I write this - he had the WORST TEETH I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

Trully disgusting, buy the man a toothbrush, PLEASE!
Tom writes:

I have done a full transcript of the NME interview - it can be found at http://www.thischarmingman.co.uk/moznme.php.
Today's News | April 18 | April 16  >

[ home | terms of service ]