posted by davidt on Friday April 02 2004, @10:00AM
Ross Norman writes:

The B side titles can be found at www.hmv.co.uk

CD 1 - Munich Air Disaster 1958

The Never Played Symphonies

CD 2 - It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small
guiyaum writes:

On the last page of this week's les inrockuptibles, a short interview of Morrissey, asked about his preferred album, film and book of the moment.
His choices:
- disque: Franz Ferdinand
- livre: le livre de l'intranquillite, Fernando Pessoa
- film: un chant d'amour, Jean Genet

---
Guillaume Métayer sends a scan of the article.
Sugar Plum Fairy writes:

In the last few weeks, Playlouder have been giving a fair amount of attention to Moz and the music on the way. This is the most detailed review of the album I've seen so far...

47 DAYS TO GO! - Playlouder, Apr. 1, 2004
New Moz album - track by track!
Torr writes:

I've just gotten an e-mail from Eleanor Blattel @ Sanctuary Records who confirms two things

1) "Irish Blood English Heart" single will be released in the U.S. on May 4, one week before the UK release of the single.

2) There will be a U.S. version of the album (maybe just the first pressing) which will include a DVD in the same package as the CD.

---
Stefan also writes:

I In addition to the forthcoming, official releases, the first promo disc (no CD-R) has arrived. The disc with the label-no. ATMDJ85613 comes in a jewelcase, contains one track and has the same front cover (scan) which was revealed a few days before for the official release. In opposite to the announcement of Sanctuary, that no promo discs for the album will be given away prior the release date, this seems not to be valid for the single.

In Germany, Sanctuary held listening sessions in various cities where the press could hear the full record (which, btw, has a length of 47 min) and read the lyrics. Recording was of cause not allowed and the lyric sheets had to be returned also.
JoelWhy writes:

Well, this isn't much of a scoop, but I watched the trailer for Mayor of the Sunset Strip, a documentary about KROQ DJ legend Rodney Bingenheimer, and you see Morrissey for about 2 seconds in the trailer. I can only assume he'll make some type of appearance in the actual movie...anyhow, aside from the Morrssey sighting, the movie has other legends like David Bowie, The Ramones, Coldplay. Here's the link:

"Mayor of the Sunset Strip" - Apple Trailers (QuickTime required)
Jesse writes:

I'm sorry to offer this pitiful tidbit in ther era of exciting Moz news, but what the hell. I found a quote by Gore Vidal that immediately caught my attention because Morrissey uses the same phrase on "Black-Eyed Susan."

"I'm a born-again athiest."

http://www.celebatheists.com/entries/atheist_37.html#0

Does anyone know if this quote is the source of the lyric?
Some Totally Random Moz Fan writes:

I was in the chat room when a fellow chatter mentioned that Jeff Stodel, guitarist for the Morrissey/Smiths Tribute band "Sweet and Tender Hooligans" is the Deputy District Attorney in Courtney Love's felony drug case in Beverly Hills:

Courtney Love courtroom drama - NME.com, Mar. 17, 2004

"Jury, you've heard every word, but before you decide..."

It's not necesarily Smiths/Moz related- but it is a bit interesting nonetheless...
Today's News | April 3 | April 1  >

[ home | terms of service ]