posted by davidt on Friday June 13 2003, @12:00AM
Part 2 of the Channel 4 documentary is now available for download. Files encoded by lutewhine.

Right-click the link and choose "save target" (or equivalent) to save the file to your local hard disk.
  • "The Importance of Being Morrissey", Part 2 of 4 full size (75.1MB, 10:22 320x240 MPEG format) [server overloaded, link removed]
  • Small size part 2 of 4(11.1MB, 220x140 MPEG format) [server overloaded, link removed]
---
As requested by a few, BitTorrent links have been set up: BitTorrent info page, FAQ. Give the filesharing program BitTorrent a try. Faster and more reliable downloads are possible and it also takes the load off the server. Clients are available for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix.
---
Update: 06/14 08:16 GMT: BitTorrent links for the rest of the other files available now.
Shaun Goater writes:

The following appeared in today's Morrissey Evening News with more promised tomorrow!

Morrissey back in Manchester by Alexa Baracaia, ManchesterOnline (June 12, 2003)

IT'S second only to the prospect of finding Elvis browsing the frozen peas in Moss Side's Asda - the sight of Manchester's prodigal son, Morrissey, returning home.

...The Go supplement with the M.E.N on Friday, June 13 includes a full feature on Morrissey.
Karl Napp writes:

Believe it or not, the new single of the Russian (pseudo-lesbian) pop-catastrophe tatu is "How Soon Is Now?"

Heard it this morning in a German radio-station called "Das Ding". It will be released in about four weeks and sounds pretty awful...

---
Arleenco also sends the post on tatugirls.com:

Morissey Calls t.A.T.u.'s Version of 'How Soon Is Now?' "Magnificent"

Morissey, former singer of The Smiths, who originally wrote and performed the song "How Soon Is Now?" in 1984 had this to say about t.A.T.u. in the U.K.'s Word Magazine:

Word: Did you hear t.A.T.u.'s version of "How Soon Is Now?"

Morissey: Yes, it was magnificent. Absolutely. Again, I don't know much about them.

Word: They are teenage Russian lesbians.

Morissey: Well, aren't we all?

[posted 5/21/2003 U.S.A.]
Justin writes:

Erlend Oye [Kings Of Convenience] performed in NYC last night (June 3) at the Mercury Lounge and did an impromptu cover of The Smiths "Hand In Glove," backed with complete audience finger-snapping participation. It was delicate and beautiful with his own unique and fresh take on it. Oye has a wonderful new record out now on Astralwerks called 'Unrest' and is about to do some touring in the US with The Rapture.
---
An anonymous person writes:

Finnish rockabilly band called Moonshiner has made their version of Morrissey's King Leer. And it seems that they are influenced by Moz quite a lot all together. It's not "The Greatest Record In The World" but very interesting...CD is called The Brooklyn Connection.
2-J writes:

The website www.citylife.co.uk is running a 'Greatest Mancunian Frontman' poll, and Morrissey is one of those nominated.

You can add your support to Morrissey by voting here:
Who Is Manchester's Greatest Frontman?

Not the cool swagger of Ian Brown, not the devil-may-care leader of the gang of Shaun Ryder, not the pop idol scally Liam Gallagher, not even that is Ian Curtis. No, the ultimate Mancunian icon is that so called miserable git, loved and loathed in disproportionate proportions, Morrissey. Every subject was sacred and when on stage he sang 'I've seen this happen in other peoples lives, now it's happening in mine' I felt my tears that night.

Terry Christian (extract from this week's City Life)
Today's News | June 14 | June 12  >

[ home | terms of service ]