posted by davidt on Wednesday June 11 2003, @04:00AM
Much thanks to lutewhine for encoding "The Importance of Being Morrissey" in MPEG format. Part 1 (of 4) is available for download now. The full size version is the most recent encoding with improved sound and frame rate and is highly recommended over the smaller version. Links to parts 2, 3 and 4 will be posted later. Please help mirror the files/use file sharing programs if you can as I may have to pull the files later in case the server is overwhelmed.

Right-click the link and choose "save target" (or equivalent) to save the file to your local hard disk.
  • "The Importance of Being Morrissey", Part 1 of 4 full size (115MB, 15:15 320x240 MPEG format) [server overloaded, link removed]
  • Small size part 1 of 4 (17.4MB, 220x140 MPEG format) [server overloaded, link removed]
---
Update: 06/13 05:05 GMT: BitTorrent links: BitTorrent info page, FAQ.
Under The Influence: Morrissey has been released in the US. It was released in the UK on May 26 (coverage).
Cinema Classics writes:

'Cinema Classics' is pleased to announce the New York premiere of "My Life With Morrissey" directed by Andrew Overtoom, a dark comedy that chronicles the adventures of an off-kilter office girl whose life unravels when she meets her idol British rock-icon Morrissey and sets off on a journey of obsessive self-delusion.

The first two screenings will take place on June 20th and 27th at 9pm - advance tickets will be available at the box office. Check cinemaclassics.com for additional screenings. Visit mylifewithmorrissey.com for more information about "My Life With Morrissey".

admission - $7

Cinema Classics
332 East 11th St.
New York City
Tingle writes:

Compared to an hour-long Morrissey documentary and Morrissey signinig to a record label this is a very minor 'scoopette', however it amused me to see how pervasive Morrissey is at the moment.

On BBC2 (in the UK) on 9th June a special edition of the panel quiz 'University Challenge' pitched journalists from 'The Times' against politicians from 'The Commons'. Well, it seemed the politicians knew nothing and as the scores were at minus 5 for the politicos (the only question they answered they'd got wrong), and 50 for the journos, there was a round on the theme of 'misery'. The last of the four questions was 'Whose words were "I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now" in the 1984 song?' Before the question was completed there was happy recognition on the faces of the journalists who answered correctly, "Morrissey of the Smiths".

The journalists won the quiz 215 points to 25.
Today's News | June 12 | June 10  >

[ home | terms of service ]