posted by davidt on Friday July 26 2002, @07:30AM
Boz sends this statement about the tour:

Through circumstances beyond our control, due to problems in processing the work permits, it has become necessary to reschedule some of the dates on the forthcoming tour. Some of the dates unfortunately were unable to be moved at such short notice.

It was out of hands but, it was thought, it was a better alternative to cancelling the whole tour.

The shows will go ahead and we are looking forward to playing some great shows

cheers
boz
Sharron Needles writes:
Yuma date changed to Aug. 11
I just checked ticketmaster.com, and it says that the Yuma, Az. shows has been changed from Aug. 10th to Aug. 11. It also says that tickets from the 10th will be honored, or a refund can be issued.

---
Mrs. Shankly sends:
Tucson Rialto - date changed from Aug. 7 to Aug. 10
MORRISSEY - NEW DATE!!
Saturday, August 10 * Rialto Theatre * 8:00 pm * All Ages
---
Marc Williamson (marc1107) writes:
Salt Lake City dates have changed (Zephyr Club - Aug. 26, University Ballroom - Aug. 27)
I just got off the phone with Jason Farrel at the Bastille. He said that the SLC dates were changed 20 minutes ago. The new Zephyr Club date is now Aug. 26th and the Fairpark show has been moved to the 27th of August. NOTE: The venue for the 27th date has changed to the University Ballroom up the street due to the Fair that is taking place at the fairgrounds. Old tickets will be accepted.

---
According to MorrisseyTour.com, the El Paso show is now scheduled for Sept. 3.
---
Santa Rosa, CA (Luther Burbank Center, Sept. 9) show info is now on the Luther Burbank site according to the info posted anonymously in the comments section of a previous article: ...Tickets will go on sale for LBC members on August 5th and the general public on August 9, 2002.
1st entry (posted on July 25) is up. Miriam writes:

For everyone's entertainment, Morrissey's guitarist Boz Boorer will be posting something like an irregular tour diary during the upcoming tour! Keep checking www.bozboorer.co.uk every now and again for a somewhat different kind of report. Note that Boz will not be focusing on the actual shows, but on the travelling and the events behind the scenes. Hope you enjoy it!
Saw this on the discussion board:

Pony Club confirm support slot

Posted By: moz d impaler
Date: Thursday, 25 July 2002, at 6:05 p.m.

Dublin band "the pony club" have confirmed on their website pony.tv that morrissey has asked them to support him on his troubled US tour.The sentanta records signed group are considering postponing recordings of a new album to join mozz.Last night fellow Dublin band sack confirmed they will be supporting Morrissey in the European leg of the tour.The pony club currently have an excellent album "home truths" on release.
---
More at MorrisseyTour.com:

The Irish band Pony Club have been asked to open for Morrissey on the American dates of the tour.

http://www.setantarecords.com/pcmb/_disc1/00000059.htm

Morrissey US Tour

Date: 25 Jul 2002
Time: 07:50:25
Comments

Morrissey has asked Pony Club to support him on his American tour which begins in August. It's now down to sorting out the finances and whether the band can stop working on their next album for a month. The plan is to get the album out early 2003, so time is very tight.
Kayla writes:

I was flipping through the channels, (like a lot of people) trying to decide between Conan and Craig. I came in the middle of Craig introducing a skit as a big picture of Moz flashed on the screen. It was called something like "What Morrissey Is" or "What Morrissey Means." Anyway, about five or six behind the scenes people of the Late Late Show came on, saying what they thought of Morrissey's music. They played a few songs in the background, like Suedehead, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, Bigmouth Strikes Again, etc.. Here's a few (as good as I can remember)...

"When he sings, 'And now I know how Joan of Arc felt,' it's like he's sobbing it right into the microphone."

"His music makes me depressed, but a good kind of depressed. The kind that makes me want to go kick somebody's ass!"

"It's like a cup of Earl Grey tea on a cold London night."

But the winning contest submission was...

"If James Dean's acting could sing, its voice would be Morrissey's."

All the other contestants came into the screen and clapped for the winner. Right after that, it was announced that this was "brought to you by the Late Late Show Phone. Please call, Morrissey." It was all very entertaining.

By the way, this is the show with William Shatner on it, for those who want to tape it if it comes on again.

---
Today's News | July 27 | July 25  >

[ home | terms of service ]