posted by davidt on Wednesday July 24 2002, @08:05PM
An anonymous person writes:

morrisseytour.com reporting that whole first week of tour is canceled. True or not, just hope that the rest of the tour will go on...

Excerpt:

The first week of shows have been cancelled. The first show will be August 9 in Phoenix. (9:23 PM update This has been confirmed by Lyn Boorer.)

All Canadian shows have been cancelled. 2 nights at the Albert hall in London may be scheduled for mid September.

---
Sounds like some of the shows are being rescheduled (I have not received any official word yet). Marc sends the link to Ticketmaster which currently lists the Santa Fe, NM show on Aug. 31 (moved from Aug. 4). On the discussion board Suzanne notes that Nobody In Particular Presents shows the Colorodo Springs, CO date as Aug. 29 (moved from Aug. 3).

The tour was supposed to start on July 31 in Salt Lake City. The cities affected are: Salt Lake City UT (2 shows), Colorado Springs CO, Santa Fe NM, El Paso TX and Tucson AZ.
Chris writes:

I sent an email to the events coordinator at The Egan Center in Anchorage Alaska inquiring about the upcoming Morrissey concert. I received a reply within an hour stating:

"We just got word today that the concert has been cancelled."

I would suggest looking into it for yourself if you were planning on attending that show, Id rather not have anyone take my word for it.

---
Angela at MorrisseyTour.com has confirmed with Tickets.com that the concert has been cancelled.
Rob writes:

New show still unannounced but confirmed....

Monday September, 9 2002 Luther Burbank Center, Santa Rosa, Ca $35
posted by davidt on Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:00AM
Sailorgirl writes:

Sorry to report I just received phone message from Tickets West that Spokane show 8/31 has been cancelled. Hope this isn't beginning of a trend.

Dave Starry also writes:

Here's the e-mail I received from Tickets West. They got the date wrong, but a follow up call confirmed the cancellation:
Jason writes:

During the Guildford Festival Pretenders set last night, Chrissie Hynde announced that Morrissey is "this country's greatest songwriter". They then sang 'Everyday is Like Sunday', much to the crowd's delight, and the sun came out and everyone was happy. The End.
Anonymous writes:

I found a very impressive drawing of Morrissey on the internet at the following link:

http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/358365672

I don't think I've seen such a likeness in a drawing before...it's quite stunnning.

Click to enlarge

aly.smith writes:

YORKSHIRE'S FAVOURITE SMITHS NIGHT - PANIC is back on Saturday 17th August at Quo Vadis in Leeds (We're right opposite the Town Hall on The Headrow).

Everyone who comes along will be given a ticket for the FREE prize draw. Prizes will include Kevin Cummins' Smiths and Beyond Book, CD's, T shirts and more!

It all starts 9.00pm and goes on til 1am.

Costs £3 on the door.

Any requests or recommended places to go before then contact [email protected]

Panic is featured in the August edition of the Leeds Guide - Just £1.60 from all good Leeds Newsagents.
Today's News | July 25 | July 23  >

[ home | terms of service ]