What's the backstory with: I'm Playing Easy To Get?

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
I just read about this unreleased song on the World of Morrissey website, and within moments several people were kind enough to post it in the download section.

I was expecting some half baked b-side simply because it was unreleased; however, it is really a lovely little song.

Was this recorded during The Quarry sessions and just not released? Were there others during that period?

Apparently, my Morrissey obsession is slipping (I am ashamed!).

-Vaux

The song was post Quarry and recorded for a BBC session (Janice Long I think) and played in December 04 along with new song 'Noise is the best revenge' and the cover of 'Redondo Beach' and also 'it's hard to walk tall when your small'.

The latter had already been released, the 2nd and 3rd tracks were released on the Redondo Beach / There is a light..... live CD, with the version of 'Noise...' taken from that BBC session.
But sadly 'Playing easy' was never released or performed live. which I think is a shame as I like it.

Jukebox Jury

With the benefit of hindisght it should've been released instead of either the second or turd tracks from that session.

Love the new song though... potentially a big hit for our Moz there. But it does sound somewhat familiar

Thank you!

But sadly 'Playing easy' was never released or performed live.

Au contraire. It was performed live once. Quarry tour Nov 12 2004 in LA. There's a bootleg of the show going 'round. The night before at the same venue they premiered their cover of Redondo Beach. I was lucky enough to be at both!

Joey

"Playing Easy To Get.." is utterly lovely :)

Au contraire. It was performed live once. Quarry tour Nov 12 2004 in LA. There's a bootleg of the show going 'round. The night before at the same venue they premiered their cover of Redondo Beach. I was lucky enough to be at both!

Joey

:eek:
What I meant to say was .... it has never been performed live in the UK :D

Happy to stand corrected. I never knew that. Thanks Joey.

Jukebox Jury

Just check the download forum. I asked for it yesterday and multiple sources popped up.

AAAGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!AAAGAGAHHHHGHGAHGAHGHGHGGHAGHGGHAG!H!H!G!HG!H!HG!H!H!H!G!HHGHGHGHGGFHGHak

fkg!!!

AGAHAGHHGHGHGHGH!"H!G!H!GHHBHGHGHGHGHEWfdshvgzdufhbdr /ohsrtn fgilj:(

:(

I looked everywhere on everything but can even find the f:mad: g thing any where.

What download forum where????? - World of Morrissey doen't have one! And it's not on here anywhere?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Or am I just very stupid? :confused:

Cool. Good song, eh?

-Vaux

i was actually suprised when i found out that this was from '04. when i first heard it i didnt know when or where it was from and i imagined it being from years ago. i love this song by the way

Back
Top Bottom