The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 205: TONY THE PONY

How do you rate Tony The Pony?

• Total voters
I recall that discussion, I was in the minority then cause I then and now still hear f***ed but then maybe that is just my mucky mind! :eek:

I'm 100% devoted to the "f***ed up tony" lyric. That's what I've always heard.

I havent even bothered to burn this to my itunes so I know it's seriously bad.

a 5

another 'I get you with me lyrics' song, none of them are impressive,
so is this one

1 plus point, it's not on the european/UK albumversion of Kill Uncle

I really like this song. dont know why its so unpoopular. although i agree that the placement on Kill Uncle is horrible. Its about a 7, id say.

I really like this song. dont know why its so unpoopular. although i agree that the placement on Kill Uncle is horrible. Its about a 7, id say.

I didn't give it a high score, but I do see your point: I'm guessing Sweetie Pie and Black Eyed Susan scored higher, and they barely constitute songs.:confused:

5/10. Very average​

I despised this song for years. I'm still not sold on the choice of title, which comes across as 9 parts nursery rhyme, 1 part poetry. But beyond that it's a great piece of music with some clever (somewhat black?) lyrics.

I gave it an 8. I have always liked this song. I think his vocals are beautiful on this track, and the tune is catchy. It saddens me that he called this one of the worst songs ever recorded in musical history.

Played it eleven times a day for the first month after the single was released and haven't listened to it more than eleven times since. I don't know why that is. Anyway, even though my heart says 10, I guess I have to look at the evidence and go with a solid 8.

Back
Top Bottom