Statement from Morrissey on True To You

1 May 2011

April 30 statement from Morrissey - true-to-you.net

I'm sorry I made the Detergent O Leary radio interview so difficult but I was in a foul mood, having spent a full week surrounded by the royal dreading. England may very well be a Windsor dictatorship, but - PR Weddings aside, it is usually quite bearable.
If my Front Row (Radio 4) interview sounded chopped and cropped, that's because it was. I had spoken fluently about the royal dreading, but an Iranian censorship confiscated all of my views. It is distressing, but in all manner of British media in 2011 we are only allowed to hear the same old thoughts and feelings expressed over and over and over again.
During the week of the royal dreading, Poly Styrene died. Having made an enormous contribution to British art and sound – at a desperate time when so many of us needed her, Poly Styrene's death was all but ignored by the British television news media, who instead rained hours and hours of blubbering praise onto Kate Middleton – a woman about whom nothing is known on a personal level. The message is clear: What you achieve in life means nothing compared to what you are born into. Is this Syria??
To top off all the pageantry, 'Very best of Morrissey' (EMI/Major Minor) has yet to tunnel its way into what we older types refer to as Record Shops – six days after intended release. The gallant HMV has yet to stock it, and did not manage to stock the 'Glamorous glue' single until four days after its scheduled release. In fact, the CD of 'Glamorous glue' did not EVER make it to HMV. With 'Very best of' I face my first ever non-chart placing – which I shall bear with dignity, although I could never be unkind enough to express my views on EMI's failings. It was John Lennon who coined the phrase 'Every Mistake Imaginable'. I shall not repeat it here.
I am delighted that the June dates sold out so quickly. Beware, we are looking at four more: Copenhagen, Aarhus, Helsingborg and Stockholm.
The follow-up to 'Years of refusal' is ready and fluttering wildly against the bars. There is still no record label and the years shuffle like cards. My talents do not lie in DIY.
I shall be in Perth – older, but no wiser.
With thanks to True To You,

Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said that Morrissey “targeted” her. Actually he probably feels really bad for her. Isn’t that sad? You don’t want to say how the story really goes. I feel really bad for her. It’s such a joke. “Modern fairy tale” , I just laugh. It’s a sad day. Yes, because she is going to probably have to endure so much pain and sorrow, you know?
This world is so superficial. Wrap it up in the news of the world. Yes, I am sure that Morrissey hopes that the couple are coming along very nicely. And that will be it. Isn’t it wonderful. Oh yeah, you’re on a roll. You are telling me that Morrissey doesn’t like the Royal family? FYI, it doesn’t surprise me. If you really thought that I did not know his feelings on them being that I am the one forever. I’m just saying he wouldn’t even touch her or any of them for that matter. Morrissey knows that the Royal family is ferocious and let me tell you something, you got to be in it. You got to be there. Up close and personal. Because I think that there was a conspiracy plotted by the Royal family to murder Princess Diana. Let me set this straight. Morrissey even had a vision that Princess Diana was going to be dead in a car crash plotted by the Windsors. But the Queen likes Kate and realistically the whole lot of them despised, detested and loathed Princess Diana. It would be interesting to find out Morrissey’s visions for the future of Princess Kate Windsor.

Top of the evening to you.

CL

I think it would help if your comments were alot clearer that you put them, your last comment insinuated everything that the person replyed.
this comment doesn't make sence, what exactly is your argument?

A touching piece of reading indeed. Having read further down this page and onto the comments etc etc, I am unsure of who 'Kate and Pippa' are..? Were they part of The Blank generation? Passing persons from the Factory? 60's Icons? French New Wave Godesses? or Cult figures of the 80's? Otherwise, I care not to know. x

I have 100 percent confirmed from two independent sources the debacle of no stock at HMV was solely due to their financial problems and being on credit hold with EMI as well as just about every other label and distributor.

How pathetic of Morrissey to blame EMI for the poor sales of his... which one is it ? 9th ??? 12th ??? best-of thingy... You want to go home and re-think your life.

hmv now has the very best of .. in stock - as for gg will see a copy unless a buy through the net :o(

I have 100 percent confirmed from two independent sources the debacle of no stock at HMV was solely due to their financial problems and being on credit hold with EMI as well as just about every other label and distributor.

Through which outlet did the other artist sell their records in the UK?

Some people are so far up other people's asses it's incredible. You can like Morrissey and still not agree with everything he says or does; you may even criticize him whilst still liking him. No one came here unprovoked to rant against Morrissey- Moz put this statement out himself and thus invited the criticism himself- you can't go round spewing the kind of bullshite he does and then feel you are beyond reproach yourself, nor can the blind, unyielding sheep- I mean "fans."

Some people are so far up other people's asses it's incredible. You can like Morrissey and still not agree with everything he says or does; you may even criticize him whilst still liking him. No one came here unprovoked to rant against Morrissey- Moz put this statement out himself and thus invited the criticism himself- you can't go round spewing the kind of bullshite he does and then feel you are beyond reproach yourself, nor can the blind, unyielding sheep- I mean "fans."

Passive aggressive at its finest.

CL

Passive aggressive at its finest.

CL

I'm sorry, I messed up responding to you; this message was meant for somebody else on the thread for the UK tour regarding passive aggressive at its finest.

CL

I think his interview and subsequent explanaition show me the reason I liked him so much when I was 18 or so, because he has the temperment of an 18 year old. You would think at his age he would have moved passed the royal family, after all he has been complaining about it since the early 80's, seems to be a mature man would have learned that they are not going away and to focus on other issues that he could possibly make an impact discussing. like the rain that flattens his hair. And again, to use this as an excuse to dump on another human is telling as well. Think the man would give any of us the time of day if not for the fact that we line is pockets?
I am afraid he has nothing left to say and is more concerned with how big the pile of money will become that touching anyone's life. I hope I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom