Southpaw Grammar Alt sleeve

marred

southpaw_alt_sleeve-1.jpg

Last edited:
I like it.
Just to clarify, is this one that you created or is this another new sleeve?
Nice choice of photo. Althought the other new cover (with the Linder shot) is a smashing image, it's the wrong era, pre-dates SG by about 3 years. This Rankin shot was contemporaneous with the album and reflects the brutal sonic aesthetic of the songs. It's a self-consciously 'ugly' image, distorted lens, fake cuts and bruising, location: round the back of some Sarf London boozer with grafitti and puddles of Strongbow piss. Yet amidst the squalor Moz stands proud and defiant.
Nice fonts too.
:thumb:

This is nice, I prefer this to the Bowie rip-off. Still prefer the original though! That one's good!

I like it.
Just to clarify, is this one that you created or is this another new sleeve?
Nice choice of photo. Althought the other new cover (with the Linder shot) is a smashing image, it's the wrong era, pre-dates SG by about 3 years. This Rankin shot was contemporaneous with the album and reflects the brutal sonic aesthetic of the songs. It's a self-consciously 'ugly' image, distorted lens, fake cuts and bruising, location: round the back of some Sarf London boozer with grafitti and puddles of Strongbow piss. Yet amidst the squalor Moz stands proud and defiant.
Nice fonts too.
:thumb:

Yes I did this one. I just thought I'll see what I can do with the pics in the Southpaw vinyl booklet so why not attempt a sleeve out of one of them? Nothing magical is going to happen cuz there really is only one colour pic in there. It's much harder than you think. I removed some of the graffiti off the wall cuz it was too busy near the title but I kinda like and wanted to hear some other opinions is all.

thx.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom