Oye esteban tour '99

R

Ruben Rdgez

I like very much that Mozz is gonna be taken a spanish lesson. Hopefully I initiates a Mexican tour, because in all the country Mozza has a lot of fans, since he was played with Smiths. For sure Mozza will made a song with mexica title.

> I like very much that Mozz is gonna be taken a spanish lesson.¿ Hopefully I initiates a Mexican tour, because in all the country¿ Mozza has a lot of fans, since he was played with Smiths. For¿ sure Mozza will made a song with mexica title.

On a related matter...
I know that this question will probably be misconstrued by many, but...what is it exactly about Morrissey that seems to appeal to those of Hispanic, Latino, (whatever, etc) descent? I have only made this observation recently and was wondering if it is just a product of observed demographics (I'm in LA), or is there some further correlation? Just wondering.

Popularity of Moz within Hispanic culture...

I'm not sure where this relationship between Moz and the Latino/Hispanic community began, but it's quite strong and loyal. I live in Tokyo and a friend of mine saw Moz here in '95 (Boxers) and he said not only were there Hispanic people there but Hispanic *families*, kids and all -- in Tokyo. Is Moz pan-generational for them -- like Elvis? I think it's cool.

jason
xooxox

p.s. I doubt all the British culture references are what they're interested in/understand...same for all the thousands of Americans who saw him on the Kill Uncle/Arsenal tours.

Re: Popularity of Moz within Hispanic culture...

> p.s. I doubt all the British culture references are what they're¿ interested in/understand...same for all the thousands of¿ Americans who saw him on the Kill Uncle/Arsenal tours.

I don't think Morrissey's 'Britishness' is really what attracts anybody ... unless you're a pinhead nationalist bigot. Most people like him because of his beautiful voice and emotional lyrics. Everyone can relate, just about.

stephand.jpg

Why do white people like Wu Tang??¿ On a related matter...¿ I know that this question will probably be misconstrued by many,¿ but...what is it exactly about Morrissey that seems to appeal to¿ those of Hispanic, Latino, (whatever, etc) descent? I have only¿ made this observation recently and was wondering if it is just a¿ product of observed demographics (I'm in LA), or is there some¿ further correlation? Just wondering.

I hope Morrissey starts looking at more interesting music, too. It would be nice if he got into hispanic music or something like that. With vocal talents like his there's no excuse for singing the same old pop all the time. How about some salsa beats, Moz ...¿ I like very much that Mozz is gonna be taken a spanish lesson.¿ Hopefully I initiates a Mexican tour, because in all the country¿ Mozza has a lot of fans, since he was played with Smiths. For¿ sure Mozza will made a song with mexica title.

> Why do white people like Wu Tang??

Why does ANYBODY like Wu Tang?

> On a related matter...¿ I know that this question will probably be misconstrued by many,¿ but...what is it exactly about Morrissey that seems to appeal to¿ those of Hispanic, Latino, (whatever, etc) descent? I have only¿ made this observation recently and was wondering if it is just a¿ product of observed demographics (I'm in LA), or is there some¿ further correlation? Just wondering.

IT'S BECAUSE HE'S HUMAN

> Why does ANYBODY like Wu Tang?

Why does ANYBODY like rap/hip hop?

> Why does ANYBODY like rap/hip hop?

Well, it's like other types of music ... the stuff on the top 40 and the stuff that chinless teeaged boys buy because it has profane lyrics ... it sucks and it insults your intelligence. You get yourself some nice underground hip hop, or conscious hip hop like Lauryn Hill or something pleasantly weird like Tricky (absolutely brilliant). The good stuff resembles beat poetry, and they'll throw in a lot of interesting sounds. I was listening to an underground hip hop track on the radio, and it had yelping noises in it just like in 'Barbarism begins at home' ... and I thought they've been listening to the Smiths!

Tricky's latest is 'Juxtaposed'. Cool sixties beats and great lyrics. BUY IT!

Back
Top Bottom