Morrissey's official support for a right-wing political party - has it affected your view of him?

Has Morrissey's public support for a right-wing political party affected your view on him?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

In 2018, for the first time since becoming a pop star in the early 1980s, Morrissey decided to publicly endorse a political party (For Britain). Whether they are 'far right' or not is up for debate but they are clearly a right-wing party. Their manifesto includes aims to reduce tax for the rich (e.g. abolish inheritance tax completely), increase spending on the military, abolish all green taxes, and keep immigration to a bare minimum.
Has this affected your view on him, and the likelihood of you seeing him live again, buying new releases etc?

LOL

They still have inheritance tax in the UK?

Even liberal Sweden abandoned that many years ago as it complicated things for companies when someone died. We pay tax for everything we do yet some want us to pay even more tax but we never get anything in return for it. Tax is used for immigration projects that fund muslim centers where they plan to murder us all.

Sweden just stopped a giant ISIS terror attack and of course it involved tax money and immigration projects. We've all had enough, race war is the only logical outcome now.

I am loving Morrissey since 1986, he gave me so much and still does. That VOICE you know. Even if he speaks.
Since 33 years I have other views but the love is stronger. Looking forward for the covers album, some gigs etc. - as long as possible.
I will miss him when he‘s gone!

if your over 18 you can vote for whoever you want as long as its within the law.in Britain we only have two main parties so no wonder people need choice.ps prepare for skinnybaws to start calling everybody a big fat racist.

ps ps,watched mid 90s mozz song fits in very well,watched the more you ignore me,nice little film based almost totally on the smiths,theres a new british comedy called Strangeways here we come,mental but funny.

if your over 18 you can vote for whoever you want as long as its within the law.in Britain we only have two main parties so no wonder people need choice.ps prepare for skinnybaws to start calling everybody a big fat racist.

ps ps,watched mid 90s mozz song fits in very well,watched the more you ignore me,nice little film based almost totally on the smiths,theres a new british comedy called Strangeways here we come,mental but funny.

Skinny anon sock puppet posts the poll for then skinny and sock puppets to post the usual drivel.o_O

its already been decided by Moz continuing stronger than ever with sold out tours
and top grossing records.:rock:

I believe we need to ask why does he ‘support’
this or any political party.

Has his patriotism made him believe that stronger immigration laws would help preserve
the England he once knew, real or imagined ?

Or maybe he feels that if a person like Anne Marie Waters is involved then there would be put into law more protection and rights for animals? which as we all know, he feels very strongly about.

Morrissey is contrary, let’s remember his official support for Sanders, Perot and his anti-Trump stance. So his ‘support’ for For Britain may change tomorrow.

Let’s not forget that Morrissey is human, a person, like all, can be misinformed, or feel so strongly about certain subjects, that he may not see the whole picture or in his passion just not care as much, especially when it comes to the rights of animals. If you don’t care about animal rights, then you may have trouble understanding this/his perspective.

Personally, I wish he wouldn’t ‘support ‘ any political party or politician. I don’t believe that’s where change begins, and I have yet to see any proof of any politician really caring about people and this planet.

Morrissey is also an artist, led by his heart his emotions, he may not always make the best choices. And too stubborn to change his opinions publicly even if he knows that he may be wrong and is sabotaging himself.

In 2018, for the first time since becoming a pop star in the early 1980s, Morrissey decided to publicly endorse a political party (For Britain). Whether they are 'far right' or not is up for debate but they are clearly a right-wing party. Their manifesto includes aims to reduce tax for the rich (e.g. abolish inheritance tax completely), increase spending on the military, abolish all green taxes, and keep immigration to a bare minimum.
Has this affected your view on him, and the likelihood of you seeing him live again, buying new releases etc?

Last edited:
No. As long as Morrissey doesn't murder or rape anyone then he can say whatever he wants and support whoever he wants. You know, just like the rest of us.

I still believe that if you get 'triggered' by him and can't see the art/artist debate:
You should immediately go through your entire music/art/film collections etc and scrutinise every single person who has ever contributed to said art for any 'offensive' leanings.
You wouldn't want to be a hypocrite who only singles out one person with 'offensive' views whilst happily tolerating others would you?
Better police them all and maintain the moral high ground (you sure are going to be busy).
After thorough checking - bin said items and see how much of a collection you have left.
Most people don't/won't apply that level of thinking to the art forms they like and enjoy them simply because the art outweighs the alleged behaviour of the artist in the majority of cases.
Does anyone have any figures/statistics for how much lost earning potential / loss of potential fans occurred in the 80's as a result of his early 'left' support?
No? Exactly!
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom