Morrissey Video Website

well, initially i just want to go through youtube and take live footage (which there is ample). Then when that's done, hopefully buzz will get around. Maybe people would be willing to have their unpublished footage exclusively upped on the site... tentatively titled "moztube.tv"

I think it's a great idea, because You Tube is too big now - videos are constantly being taken down due to "copyright violation". I think we need to safeguard our videos somewhere else. I'm planning on moving some videos to my site, but only certain ones that fit in with a new feature I'm working on. I think it would be awesome if you created a repository for all the footage we can gather though. :)

so far there are 5,410 entries of morrissey clips on youtube. suparni has over 300 alone. god nows how much cosys put out. there has to be a system of first categorizing by DATE. key word DATE.
every one has put their videos out of sheer love for morrissey not focusing on a web site for videos. ive devoted some time for this site for audio http://mozzbozz.vox.com/

someone would have to go through 5,410 videos, date and bla bla bla to start a new site

Last edited:
so far there are 5,410 entries of morrissey clips on youtube. suparni has over 300 alone. god nows how much cosys put out. there has to be a system of first categorizing by DATE. key word DATE.
every one has put their videos out of sheer love for morrissey not focusing on a web site for videos. ive devoted some time for this site for audio http://mozzbozz.vox.com/

someone would have to go through 5,410 videos, date and bla bla bla to start a new site

drifter... if you want me to retag or rename my posted videos in an organized, consistent manner, or put them into an organized playlist catalogue - you set the standard and will make the changes.... but we should all agree that is how we will label the vids. May as well just use youtube since it is there already and also its nice for people who are just getting into moz... totally accessible.

or?

drifter... if you want me to retag or rename my posted videos in an organized, consistent manner, or put them into an organized playlist catalogue - you set the standard and will make the changes.... but we should all agree that is how we will label the vids. May as well just use youtube since it is there already and also its nice for people who are just getting into moz... totally accessible.

or?

We could use the MetaBrainz standard for tagging otherwise untitled bootleg MP3s, like this:

2007-10-27: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY, US

but that won't work well for tags as they're used on YouTube.

I've always wanted to see a bootlegs thread for each show, and in it, we include links to all known MP3 uploads, videos, & pictures. The Tour section is kinda like that now, but messier.

Youtube is good for browsing Moz content, but "recently added" on Youtube means you get recent concert vids mixed with whatever else has been recently uploaded.

I'd like to see a clean looking list of live gigs such as the excellent resource Passions Just Like Mine with a small youtube link next to songs, plus links to other related videos from that gig (in between song banter, videos of the fans, cellphone videos shot backstage, ahem).

Demanding, aren't I?

Youtube is good for browsing Moz content, but "recently added" on Youtube means you get recent concert vids mixed with whatever else has been recently uploaded.

I'd like to see a clean looking list of live gigs such as the excellent resource Passions Just Like Mine with a small youtube link next to songs, plus links to other related videos from that gig (in between song banter, videos of the fans, cellphone videos shot backstage, ahem).

Demanding, aren't I?

The problem with linking to You Tube is that those videos are taken down due to copyright violations all the time. I tried linking to You Tube videos on my gallery and it was a waste of time. That's why we need to save the videos off You Tube and put them somewhere stable.

Bootleg concert videos are taken down for copyright violations?? How has that one uploader kept his 300+ in place?

The problem with linking to You Tube is that those videos are taken down due to copyright violations all the time. I tried linking to You Tube videos on my gallery and it was a waste of time. That's why we need to save the videos off You Tube and put them somewhere stable.

I'd love to see that, too, but the problem is that resources like YouTube are a moving target. I suspect that Stephane's site will be around for a lot longer than most of those videos will be, and so it will become a maintenance nightmare. Besides, because Passions doesn't link to any downloadable materials, or to videos, Stephane can't become a target for the RIAA or other industry goons. (Well, except for the lyrics pages, which are reprinted without permission.)

Yes... I had a certain company that starts with a Via--- take down a vid I had on youtube (moz at tower signing) and I got a warning that my account would be closed if there were multiple violations. I immediately took down the Introducing Moz and the Importance of Being...
I did not want to risk all of the other footage that I had posted and since I have not had any violations. I hope it stays that way. However, any streaming video is going to be a target... as mentioned above.

btw - It seems to me that smithstorrents is a wonderful thing as long as folks seed.

For lower resolution (smaller) downloads one could make a sight like the wonderful Passions (bravo Steph) and have links to quicker downloads I suppose... that might be nice because it means that all of the converting does not have to happen again and again. But creating too many low res files and circulating them in this manner would be considered horrible to some people who like to keep circulated material at high quality.

If you want to host all those videos and stream them yourself, you are going to need a lot of space on that server. Considering the time and space it would take to create that, I am thinking stick to youtube... but if somebody wants to embark on this project - contact me and I might help with some conversions for streaming.

Back
Top Bottom