Morrissey & Johnny Marr Interview 1985

Franissey

Senior Citizen Discount
I hadn't seen this:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMuFwKAMkQs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMuFwKAMkQs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3zPJKTm0id0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3zPJKTm0id0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I haven't seen these one.. but these videos are very cool.

If I'm not wrong the only interview recorded in 85 I've seen it was the Meat is muder's "making-of"

I haven't seen these one.. but these videos are very cool.

If I'm not wrong the only interview recorded in 85 I've seen it was the Meat is muder's "making-of"

Now THAT was a superb video. I wish they'd have made one like it for the debut. Or Strangeways. Or TQID. Or any of the solo discs :o

You know what these videos remind me of? An art college critique of one's own work. He's in his 20's, he has strong twenty-ish opinions about the world and education about the world, but he hasn't seen it yet somehow? And he's doing a self-critique of his work to his professor and the rest of the class, but not in the safety and solitude of a classroom, but taped and in the public eye. Some of what he says is cringe-worthy (the emphasis and being #1 and his dismissal of video, though he makes an excellent point about it distracting from the important part, the music), but he does remarkably well considering how young and thrown into the spotlight he was. I'm so proud of him.

Last edited:
And I feel it's okay to use the term "cringe-worthy" without being to harsh because I'm sort of the queen of cringe. Morrissey's an old soul though, just by watching his mannerisms, there's a very, deep, old man underneath his creamy skin and lip-licking exterior. Rawr. He holds up well in the younger interviews. More recent interviews I feel he's very untrustworthy of whoever he's sitting across from.

Very cool indeed. Thanks.

"...I think we are the only thought provoking group that's been around for a very long time...there's been a pitiful lack of people with any imagination...any desire to voice their opinion, even once they've optained this platform to do it on..."

You know what these videos remind me of? An art college critique of one's own work. He's in his 20's, he has strong twenty-ish opinions about the world and education about the world, but he hasn't seen it yet somehow? And he's doing a self-critique of his work to his professor and the rest of the class, but not in the safety and solitude of a classroom, but taped and in the public eye. Some of what he says is cringe-worthy (the emphasis and being #1 and his dismissal of video, though he makes an excellent point about it distracting from the important part, the music), but he does remarkably well considering how young and thrown into the spotlight he was. I'm so proud of him.

:lbf:

You and me both. Morrissey reminded me of this one particular art student who I knew in college. But as to where that art student was basically a fraud as he really didn't genuinely believe half the shit that was pouring out of his mouth, Morrissey on the other hand seems so earnest about it all (and not to mention that he makes several very valid points), which I suppose is one of the reasons why I gravitated towards him in the first place.

thank you, great video's.
Morrissey still feels the same way about dead artists, you only have to view the charts to see that people are still buying Michael Jackson records. if they liked him when he was alive they would own them already.
It's the death that fascinates us or some people
As for movie stars, I still love Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Jean Harlow films and books but I don't buy records just because the person has died.

The thing is though, Morrissey never went to art college or any other higher education - "having seen the world" must have been exactly the basis for his strong twenty-ish opinions.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom