Morrissey BBC Radio 2 18/11/2010

Re: Morrissey 18-11-10 BBC R2 8-10pm

Thank You, as ever, for the heads-up Mr. Barker.
Your continued omniscience shames our slackness :thumb:

Re: Morrissey 18-11-10 BBC R2 8-10pm

A long time ago, I could receive BBC Radio via satellite ... but not anymore.

If anyone could record this, I'd be eternally grateful!

Morrissey BBC radio 2

the radio 2 concert is on now:thumb:

Re: Morrissey BBC radio 2

Is it just me, or do you hear the theme from The Sweeney in The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores?

Just me then.

P.

And the Dm to Am in One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell reminds me very much of Magic Fly by Space.

I probably need to go to bed.

P.

Included is ALL YOU NEED IS ME and FIRST OF THE GANG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone recorded the concert from their satellite or cable receivers and is willing to share it? The original file format would be preferred ... :)

Please ... ;)

who was that person who shouted out after i keep mine hidden sounded like a right cloth cap and whippet northern type

Alan

Some chat from the original show was omitted but they made up for it by including the last 2 tracks from the concert that were not broadcast in February.
Concert starts at approx. 9.05pm
AYNIM + FOTGTD starts approx. 9.52pm
Announcers' voice during concert at 29mins 45 secs, during clapping.

The interview from Feb. is also available here + some pictures.

Listen again:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vsx17

BBC iplayer is going international next year, it has to be decided if it will be advert driven or subscription, which may help.

Is it just me, or do you hear the theme from The Sweeney in The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores?

Just me then.

P.

Ah! , Yes, come to think of it the sad, reflective, plodding, tender 'End' theme from The Sweeney does sound a little like 'Crashing Bores'; not the opening theme that goes De-ner-ner!, De-ner-ner!, De! De-De-De! Der Der Der Der Der Der!.

I LOVED hearing this concert last night; so much the better for the surprise of coming home from the pub and just switching on the radio to find Morrissey singing his little heart out (and no one around to tell me to turn it down!). :guitar: There was much microphone whipping going on in my kitchen I can tell you. :o

What was it he said? - something like: "For those of you in the middle classes - In case you were thinking, don't put your friends on the payroll - it never works out"

Ah! , Yes, come to think of it the sad, reflective, plodding, tender 'End' theme from The Sweeney does sound a little like 'Crashing Bores'; not the opening theme that goes De-ner-ner!, De-ner-ner!, De! De-De-De! Der Der Der Der Der Der!.

I LOVED hearing this concert last night; so much the better for the surprise of coming home from the pub and just switching on the radio to find Morrissey singing his little heart out (and no one around to tell me to turn it down!). :guitar: There was much microphone whipping going on in my kitchen I can tell you. :o

What was it he said? - something like: "For those of you in the middle classes - In case you were thinking, don't put your friends on the payroll - it never works out"

"And now,every housewives favourite" before First of the Gang

Some chat from the original show was omitted but they made up for it by including the last 2 tracks from the concert that were not broadcast in February.
Concert starts at approx. 9.05pm
AYNIM + FOTGTD starts approx. 9.52pm
Announcers' voice during concert at 29mins 45 secs, during clapping.

The interview from Feb. is also available here + some pictures.

Listen again:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vsx17

BBC iplayer is going international next year, it has to be decided if it will be advert driven or subscription, which may help.

The link to Morrissey's website from that link is Morrissey-Solo.com :guitar:

Dave

Has anyone managed to copy this gig - especially the tracks that weren't originally broadcast?

If not I'll have a go. If someone has, can you post them please?

Dave

Back
Top Bottom