Morrissey and Elvis Similarities Live

Rufus Wainwright seems to have found links between Morrissey and Elvis:
"Whether he's gay or not, he is the gay Elvis. He is amongst the greatest entertainers of our time. The banter, the dancing, the stage-craft, it all conspires and you know exactly what Morrissey is. He is heroic. He is a total package, like Dean Martin or Prince."

Barras? is there footage. I am a mysterious person who has been privilged to meet him twice. I did give him a 7"in It's now or never record on the years of refusal tour. He said its now or never @ Coachella as well. I would love to see the footage from Barras! wherever that was. I also handed him the Elvis banner in Pomona, CA. So much to say respond if your interested. By the way Happy Birthday Elvis he will be 75 tomorrow!
TCB!
-E:thumb:

opps privileged :) I would also like to mention his adoring message in Chicago, IL Years of Refusal Tour, I want you, I Need you, I love you...I think J from Indy can relate to that one I gave him that 7'in as well. I said those same lyrics to him in LOS ANGELES.

TCB!
-E:crazy:

the 2nd night at the barra's last year, he walked over to the mic and sang its now or never. that moment has stayed with me for some reason.

Barras? is there footage. I am a mysterious person who has been privilged to meet him twice. I did give him a 7"in It's now or never record on the years of refusal tour. He said its now or never @ Coachella as well. I would love to see the footage from Barras! wherever that was. I also handed him the Elvis banner in Pomona, CA. So much to say respond if your interested. By the way Happy Birthday Elvis he will be 75 tomorrow!
TCB!
-E

Morrissey played in Feburary 2008 at Edinburgh (= Barras) Playhouse.

Morrissey played in Feburary 2008 at Edinburgh (= Barras) Playhouse.

I think they meant Glasgow barrowlands gig and not edinbrough playhouse

Liam Gallagher does this (seen too many concerts) at first you think it cool but there is no response from him to may you want to like him. If he was singing to two people or 200,00 it will be the same act. maybe it's bravado as he's nice to the fans off the stage.

When he played in my country, he did the exact opposite thing, he even held hands with the crowd, threw a few instruments (little ones of course) and a Manchester FC jersey, so I'm actually surprised that he acts that way. :eek:

*sigh* Elv. I was in love with him, when I was nine.

Morrissey's a pretty natural progression from there, I think. :)

muller2-4a173b1084706.jpg

kiss-me-elvis.jpg

jake_moz.jpg

Here's "I want you, I need you, I love you" at Chicago. *swoon*

:sweet:

I grew up liking Elvis, too. But if forced to choose I'd definitely choose Morrissey's music for my desert island :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
From all this i think its fair to say that Elvis was the King for the masses and Morrissey is the King of the Outsiders, both adored by their legion of fans and similar in so many ways

i was watching the elvis stuff too and as soon as i saw the elvis in red i made teh connection to morrissey and then noticed a lot of other things.

im a big elvis fan and was in memphis last year for work so managed to do sun studios and graceland etc. was ace.

thing with elvis is that he was not as strong a character as moz and allowed a large chunk of his output to be wasted on trash by parker.

was watching the Hawaii thing earlier and felt a connection also. Never knew Moz wore one of those black suits. Doesn't seem to be his 'style'! :confused:

i noticed elvis cracking the mic lead in 68 special and then picked up on lots of other similarities too.

There are many similarities between Elvis and Moz.

They were both close to their mothers (as far as I know) or were around women anyway. They both care(d) about their fans very much and you can see it on stage in various ways. They are both very flashy (I don't like to admit it to myself but Moz is flashy) or became flashy. Its kinda interesting.

Back
Top Bottom