Message from Jed Weitzman

M

mbb321

He is immediately looking into what went on today and i'm sure a statement will be made at the beginning of next week.

> He is immediately looking into what went on today and i'm sure a statement
> will be made at the beginning of next week.

I'll tell him exactly what happened. Ticketmaster and Seetickets - the two biggest ticket agencies in the country - are also the two most incompetent ticket agencies in the country.

This has been happening for years, and it's getting worse if anything. It doesn't need any kind of in-depth investigation. What use is an online ticket system that crashes whenever a major event goes onsale? Would it kill them to invest in servers with enough capacity to cope with people buying tickets for 3 gigs at a 2,000 seat venue? It's not like they don't make enough in booking fees, for f***'s sake.

And what is the point of entrusting ticket agencies with an allocation if all they're going to do is sell the best seats to their employees? I am willing to put money to the claim that many of the tickets that were on ebay before they went on sale officially today were seats bought beforehand by employees of both of the agencies involved.

ticketmaster didn't crash though. although seetickets did.

The thing that concerned me the most lutewhine were tickets not being available at 9am, so basically the tickets went out the door and it was sold out probably before the ad went up in the NME. This has never happened before for any of Morrisseys gigs, as even a small number of tickets have always been available. A concert has never been sold out before the official sale time.

Mispractice of the highest degree, but it wont change mate as it's who you know in the world, not what you know. All i can be glad about is that someone big is looking into it and hopefully something can be sorted for next friday. If not, then at least we tried. At the end of the day, it isn't sanctuarys fault, but at least they can inform the agencies of their problems with what happened and maybe take their business elsewhere for other artists if it happens again.

> I'll tell him exactly what happened. Ticketmaster and Seetickets - the two
> biggest ticket agencies in the country - are also the two most incompetent
> ticket agencies in the country.

> This has been happening for years, and it's getting worse if anything. It
> doesn't need any kind of in-depth investigation. What use is an online
> ticket system that crashes whenever a major event goes onsale? Would it
> kill them to invest in servers with enough capacity to cope with people
> buying tickets for 3 gigs at a 2,000 seat venue? It's not like they don't
> make enough in booking fees, for f***'s sake.

> And what is the point of entrusting ticket agencies with an allocation if
> all they're going to do is sell the best seats to their employees? I am
> willing to put money to the claim that many of the tickets that were on
> ebay before they went on sale officially today were seats bought
> beforehand by employees of both of the agencies involved.

> ticketmaster didn't crash though. although seetickets did.

Ticketmaster stayed online, but acted bizarrely all morning. For half an hour for me, clicking through any of the dates took me to a completely irrelevant page which was clearly to do with people that had registered an email address with them.

Also, their security check aimed at warding off multiple automated purchases (the word in a box that you have to type in) didn't load correctly on numerous occasions, meaning that you didn't have a clue what you were supposed to be typing.

> The thing that concerned me the most lutewhine were tickets not being
> available at 9am, so basically the tickets went out the door and it was
> sold out probably before the ad went up in the NME. This has never
> happened before for any of Morrisseys gigs, as even a small number of
> tickets have always been available. A concert has never been sold out
> before the official sale time.

> Mispractice of the highest degree, but it wont change mate as it's who you
> know in the world, not what you know. All i can be glad about is that
> someone big is looking into it and hopefully something can be sorted for
> next friday. If not, then at least we tried. At the end of the day, it
> isn't sanctuarys fault, but at least they can inform the agencies of their
> problems with what happened and maybe take their business elsewhere for
> other artists if it happens again.

Sanctuary will inevitably pass the buck to the promoters and the agencies, but any ill feeling from the fans inevitably affects and reflects them. That's why people should cc any correspondence they have with the agencies at fault to the record label.

Today was nothing new, and that's the saddest thing.

Where Sanctuary were at fault

Sanctuary issued a press release earlier this week which claimed that tickets for the entire tour were going onsale via Ticketmaster and Gigsandtours at 9am today. This was later replaced with the correct version that you can currently see on their website.

As a result of the confusion over what was going onsale when, thousands of people that had no intention of going to the London dates will have needlessly been clogging up those servers from 9am onwards.

Back
Top Bottom