Manchester concert (23rd): any Londoners/southerners/anywhere else-ers going?

Maurice E

Anyone thinking of travelling up/across/down to the Manchester concert on the 23rd?
The end-of-the-tour/hometown/christmas vibe could make it an all-time classic Moz gig!
Would obviously have accommodation/travel hassles (returning on Christmas Eve etc) but might, just about, be worth it!
Would be interested to hear if anyone's planning on making the pilgrimage!
Thanks.
Maurice

I'm going up on the 22nd from Exeter for both gigs. Going back Xmas Eve. No seat reservations on the trains either. :mad:

Two journey's I am not looking forward to - but I know it will be worth my while :)

Anyone thinking of travelling up/across/down to the Manchester concert on the 23rd?
The end-of-the-tour/hometown/christmas vibe could make it an all-time classic Moz gig!
Would obviously have accommodation/travel hassles (returning on Christmas Eve etc) but might, just about, be worth it!
Would be interested to hear if anyone's planning on making the pilgrimage!
Thanks.
Maurice

Maurice
Yes! I along with my wife, Daughter and friend will be there. I agree with you in that I think it will be a classic Morrissey gig - I don't know exactly why, but I think he'll really make it one to remember. I think he may change the set list radically. Anyway, I'm taking a DVD digicam and plan to film the entire gig (or as much as I can). Bring it on! Cheers :D

I have the pleasure of living in Rusholme... :)

Will that mean you won't have to rush home?
Sorry!

Thanks for all these posts. Does anywhere know of some accommodation near the venue? I think the Goat Man might've listed some on another thread. I should stop being so lazy!
Actually, I think my husband-in-law's family live fairly nearby so I guess that's always an option...

live in Leicester ...AND YES WE'LL B THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I currently live in London, will be driving up sometime on the 22nd and returning sometime on the morning of the 24th. May have a seat or two if anyone's stuck for transport.

Guilded Beams.

I'll be doing my 10th Morrissey gig of the year.

Dreading the traffic though. My friend got stuck for 6 hours on Saturday on the M4 between junc 13 and 14. What a mare

Ibis, pubs, gig, Brickhouse, car journey home and then onto the Xmas Eve bender!!!

I'm going up with National Express from London on the morning of the 23rd, meeting my buddy, going drinking, then he's dropping me off at the venue and I'll be meeting him after for more drinking I suspect! I cannot wait for this. I know it's going to be a total blast. Final gig of the UK tour, just before Christmas. I know Morrissey says he'd rather ignore it and wait for normal life to start again around the 7/8th, but this gig is going to be my Christmas party and I'm grateful to him for playing on the 23rd and bringing some cheer into our lives!

flying over from dublin on friday and going to star and garter that night then goingto the gig on sat night. not looking forward to xmas eve at manchester or dulin airport but think it will be worth it. 6th gig this tour and no 20 overall

cossy:)

Back
Top Bottom