Mama (outside of box) Discussion

rile boy's mum. earth folds. fear. fantasy. leave.

Do you GET what I'm saying?

MURDER SNA__S

I'm tryimg but my mom...:squiffy:

=
Y-E-A-R-S O-F R-E-F-U-S-A-L, M-A-M-A L-A-Y S-O-F-T-L-Y O-N T-H-E R-I-V-E-R B-E-D

Three letters are missing. Y-O-R . But not as in Years Of Refusal.

All of the other letters sum up the story. But these three are referring to the pretense. Not Y-O-R, but R-O-Y. Roy. The window cleaner. It's written from his point of view. He's Slum Mum's youngest (and most loving, though not most loved). Just one theory.

"The office of the
Social Service
is strategically placed
in a dowdy, rowdy part of town
to discourage you
from signing
We make you feel
as if you're whining
when you claim
what's legally yours"

We = "uncivil servants unconcerned at how they frighten you"

"Take you
and your rat pack brood
to the long grass of the meadow
administer seven doses lethal
and illegal
which may render
you elsewhere"

as a slum boy fled early. foam. froth. antsy. reverie.

Fled early, as in suicide. Foaming at the mouth. Froth. Antsy. Ending in reverie.

(having a horrible obsession with Scrabble, words become letters and those letters become other words and those OTHER words are given excessive thought)

=
Y-E-A-R-S O-F R-E-F-U-S-A-L, M-A-M-A L-A-Y S-O-F-T-L-Y O-N T-H-E R-I-V-E-R B-E-D

Three letters are missing. Y-O-R . But not as in Years Of Refusal.

All of the other letters sum up the story. But these three are referring to the pretense. Not Y-O-R, but R-O-Y. Roy. The window cleaner. It's written from his point of view. He's Slum Mum's youngest (and most loving, though not most loved). Just one theory.

"The office of the
Social Service
is strategically placed
in a dowdy, rowdy part of town
to discourage you
from signing
We make you feel
as if you're whining
when you claim
what's legally yours"

We = "uncivil servants unconcerned at how they frighten you"

"Take you
and your rat pack brood
to the long grass of the meadow
administer seven doses lethal
and illegal
which may render
you elsewhere"

as a slum boy fled early. foam. froth. antsy. reverie.

Fled early, as in suicide. Foaming at the mouth. Froth. Antsy. Ending in reverie.

(having a horrible obsession with Scrabble, words become letters and those letters become other words and those OTHER words are given excessive thought)

:clap: Well done. Clearly you're good with frogs.

FOr the sake of simplicity, let's just assume it is NOT Elizabeth Morrissey...

Crystal, if you expect to have a shot at daughter-in-law status, don't call her Mrs. Morrissey - she's Ms. Dwyer, as ye know.

Fascinating analysis by CG and Barky. Mad, but fascinating.

Crystal, if you expect to have a shot at daughter-in-law status, don't call her Mrs. Morrissey - she's Ms. Dwyer, as ye know.

Fascinating analysis by CG and Barky. Mad, but fascinating.

I called her Elizabeth. OH I get it, I called her Elizabeth Morrissey...I didn't realize she went back to her maiden name. Thanks. I'll be sure to remember that in case it's ever an issue. :thumb: I have my "first conversation with Morrissey's mom" all lined up in my head.

"So, does England use the Dewey Decimal system? You know, I applied for a library position and got the job, but the position was cut due to budget issues so I took an iintellectual esoteric fancy to your boy instead. :o"

Start watching at 00:55, confirms his mum's name at around 1:30. This was my favorite of all his tv appearances this year - I know a lot of people didn't like it, but it was nice to see him outside of his usual elements. When he mentions his mother I think you can see in his eyes he adores her.

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A2Ck_i9tJBs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A2Ck_i9tJBs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Listened to 'Mama' twice today. Such a tragic song, but even middle-aged people on their own fear the loss of their parents. Yet another subject he's dealt with in song that nobody wants to ever talk about.

If its Symbolism you are after, then change "MaMa" in this song to "Marr Marr" and it makes for a very interesting listen.

"Its just so lonely here without you..."

If its Symbolism you are after, then change "MaMa" in this song to "Marr Marr" and it makes for a very interesting listen.

Marr is old news. Instead, flip the "M" over to make a "W" and you have WaWa. Like Barbara Wawa from SNL fame.

Tags
2and2makes5 in the loonybox moz symbol
Back
Top Bottom