Jewel in the crown question

It is a sort of documentary but they dont talk to anyone worth talking to and the woman who does the voice-over will drive you to suicide.

a load of bollocks in my opinion :D

Oh, very comforting.(i really dont need THAT voice, believe me:))
But, are there any sights of Moz in it?

Oh, very comforting.(i really dont need THAT voice, believe me:))
But, are there any sights of Moz in it?

well he doesn't say anything he's not interviewed if thats what you mean. :)
There's pictures and things....:p

awww! don't be melancholy!!
Go download the importance of being Morrissey instead!!:D

Its just...i am getting this documentary tomorrow and now i am not looking forward to it:mad: But, still, i will get plenty of other stuff soon...hopefully....
I didnt see Moz on DVD for a week or so and i miss him already:D

Its just...i am getting this documentary tomorrow and now i am not looking forward to it:mad: But, still, i will get plenty of other stuff soon...hopefully....
I didnt see Moz on DVD for a week or so and i miss him already:D

shite....now I feel guilty!
I'm seeing him in person tomorrow!!":D

Was It a christmas present?

The most interesting part is the row between Stephen Street and Vinni Reilly about who wrote what on Viva Hate. By the end of it you are feeling sorry for Morrissey for ever having to work with such a pair of twats. No wonder he didn't work with them for long.

The most interesting part is the row between Stephen Street and Vinni Reilly about who wrote what on Viva Hate. By the end of it you are feeling sorry for Morrissey for ever having to work with such a pair of twats. No wonder he didn't work with them for long.

So what's you're verdict? Vinni or Stephen? :D

So what's you're verdict? Vinni or Stephen? :D

I think I believed Stephen slightly more, though by the end of it I was liking Vinni more even though he seems completely barking mad. Stephen just comes across as a pompous egomaniac. Totally pathetic argument though. :rolleyes:

I think I believed Stephen slightly more, though by the end of it I was liking Vinni more even though he seems completely barking mad. Stephen just comes across as a pompous egomaniac. Totally pathetic argument though. :rolleyes:

The size of vinni's hair in contrast to his head makes him likeable, i believed him slightly more, but he's probably been off his face since the song was written so...quite an unreliable source! :D

I thought it was quite an interesting documentary, actually, especially re. the early solo years... yes, the Reilly-Street debate is a bit silly, but you learn a lot from the interviews with them and with Mark Nevin about the songwriting process. Unfortunately, Moz probably didn't allow Boz and Alain to be interviewed, so the bits about the post-Kill Uncle stuff are kinda dull.

No, it's not rubbish at all, except for the awful music they used on the closing credits. It's an unauthorized documentary, which means that they couldn't use any Morrissey music, there is no sight of Morrissey except on photos, and, as davdavon said, Boz and Alain were not interviewed. As a result, it's utterly unsuitable for anyone who isn't a major Morrissey fan. But if you want information about Morrissey's working process and the way the albums are recorded, it's a very useful source, especially for the early years. The Street/Vini debate was, actually, the most boring part of it.

The comparison with "The Importance of Being Morrissey" is weird as the two documentaries are completely different. TIOBM is great 1) if you want a Beginner's Guide to Morrissey, 2) if you enjoy seeing a lot of lovely Moz footage and are interested to hear something about him from his close friends, and you don't mind a lot of pointless interviews with celebrities or journalists who don't know him and whose opinion isn't particularly relevant.

Back
Top Bottom