California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
Behind the denial hides fear not hate!!! MORRISSEY IS AN ANIMAL OF MUSIC DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT OFF ITS LIGHT ILUMINATES THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!

The Smiths, the Fall, New Order and the Cure all appealed to a particular kind of indie fan.

They all carved their own path at a time when the New Romantic bands were prominent and commercial pop meant everything.

New Order were good but they don't even compare to Joy Division, never mind the Smiths or Morrissey.

I saw Joy Division twice in a week supporting Buzzcocks at Blackburn King Georges Hall and Manchester Apollo. I watched them from the bar on the first gig and thought Jesus these are shite, 2nd time I watched them properly and still wasn't overly impressed.

Ive seen New Order over 50 times and as others have said they used to be shite live but that sort of added to the attraction. I preferred them back then to the polished act they are today.

Never thought this would ever happen but Johnny Marr's Call The Comet album sold more than Morrissey's last 2 releases.

I reckon you’ve just put Steve on the canvas with one knockout blow here pal :rofl:

Hope you and the family are well.

??:knife:

What people don’t seem to get is hardly anyone buys records CDs anymore. My 22 year old loves Moz and during lockdown has been playing the whole album on his laptop continually via YouTube. It’s totally alien to youngsters to pay for music but that’s just the way of the world unfortunately. Also the whole world has been on lockdown so supermarket and record shop sales will be practically zero. Viva Moz

I saw Joy Division twice in a week supporting Buzzcocks at Blackburn King Georges Hall and Manchester Apollo. I watched them from the bar on the first gig and thought Jesus these are shite, 2nd time I watched them properly and still wasn't overly impressed.

Ive seen New Order over 50 times and as others have said they used to be shite live but that sort of added to the attraction. I preferred them back then to the polished act they are today.
In my opinion, JD is a perfect band. Sure, they didn't release that much music, but the music they did release was, in my opinion, devastating. Not a duff moment to be found. Ian's lyrics, written when he was in his early 20's, are still mesmerizing and constantly intriguing and they read like poems. Their sound was second to none, and its influence ever since can never be overestimated. I am too young to have seen them live, but their live reputation does not mirror your sentiment. Sure, they weren't that polished and Ian was a very...special frontman, but that raw power they projected just can't be brushed aside. But some people prefer New Order, and some JD. Two distinctly different breeds of people, I think.

All the shops have been closed in Belgium since two weeks (corona), so you can safely disregard that chart position, same for the Netherlands and Italy I guess.
I bought several more copies at Tower Records Dublin during the week,since they closed to the public. I bought over the phone and got them the next day by registered post,and they are online as well. I'm sure it's the same everywhere.
I'm delighted Morrissey and the band are doing as well as they are in the UK charts considering they have received no publicity whatsoever.

In my opinion, JD is a perfect band. Sure, they didn't release that much music, but the music they did release was, in my opinion, devastating. Not a duff moment to be found. Ian's lyrics, written when he was in his early 20's, are still mesmerizing and constantly intriguing and they read like poems. Their sound was second to none, and its influence ever since can never be overestimated. I am too young to have seen them live, but their live reputation does not mirror your sentiment. Sure, they weren't that polished and Ian was a very...special frontman, but that raw power they projected just can't be brushed aside. But some people prefer New Order, and some JD. Two distinctly different breeds of people, I think.

I should have added that I went on to like their music but wasn't keen at the 2 gigs I saw them at, remember at this point they weren't particularly well know and I think they had only made 2 TV appearance. They had played loads of gigs at small venues but the Buzzcocks tour exposed them up to a much larger audience.

I should have added that I went on to like their music but wasn't keen at the 2 gigs I saw them at, remember at this point they weren't particularly well know and I think they had only made 2 TV appearance. They had played loads of gigs at small venues but the Buzzcocks tour exposed them up to a much larger audience.
That's true. That tour was a big, big deal. By the way, those two TV appearances were mindblowing. So It Goes and...Something Else, right?

That's true. That tour was a big, big deal. By the way, those two TV appearances were mindblowing. So It Goes and...Something Else, right?

Yes they are the ones, I watched the 2nd one but at the Buzzcocks concert didn't realise it was them until I noticed Ian's dancing. I like popping up to his memorial stone in Macclesfield Cemetery from time to time (its only 10 mins from Alderley Edge) to see all the pictures and things that have been left by fans, its still really poignant all these years.

I reckon you’ve just put Steve on the canvas with one knockout blow here pal :rofl:

Hope you and the family are well.

??:knife:

You are a tosser and complete fantasist.
You don’t know him or his family.

he does seem an alright lad like, unlike you.
Go and dig them up Benny
:lbf:

Yes they are the ones, I watched the 2nd one but at the Buzzcocks concert didn't realise it was them until I noticed Ian's dancing. I like popping up to his memorial stone in Macclesfield Cemetery from time to time (its only 10 mins from Alderley Edge) to see all the pictures and things that have been left by fans, its still really poignant all these years.
Had no idea you lived so close. Macclesfield is really beautiful. Very English. I was there in 2011 (during my Moz/JD pilgrimage), and I totally agree. Very poignant. Especially loved to see all the City scarves etc at his stone.

I bought several more copies at Tower Records Dublin during the week,since they closed to the public. I bought over the phone and got them the next day by registered post,and they are online as well. I'm sure it's the same everywhere.
I'm delighted Morrissey and the band are doing as well as they are in the UK charts considering they have received no publicity whatsoever.
Poor showing in the Irish Charts, I realise your all in lockdown but surprised at a no.47 placing, any thoughts?

Had no idea you lived so close. Macclesfield is really beautiful. Very English. I was there in 2011 (during my Moz/JD pilgrimage), and I totally agree. Very poignant. Especially loved to see all the City scarves etc at his stone.
Did you visit Ian's old house while you were there?

Did you visit Ian's old house while you were there?
I sure did! Had some trouble finding it first, but some friendly bloke in a chippy knew the street and pointed us in the right direction.

I sure did! Had some trouble finding it first, but some friendly bloke in a chippy knew the street and pointed us in the right direction.

If you make the trip again, we should catch up, there are a couple people in Alderley who were involved with JD back in the day and are happy to share their stories over a beer ( or a coke for one person)

If you make the trip again, we should catch up, there are a couple people in Alderley who were involved with JD back in the day and are happy to share their stories.
I would love that! Cheers.

How nice it is to talk about music and not get in to a big scuffle. Haha...

On record his voice sounds solid, live it ís unlistenable.
I'd say more like unreliable. Sometimes it's as good as the record but a recent live concert that was linked to here didn't sound great. I like his voice though. It fits the music and the lyrics.

The animosity between Factory and The Smiths, and more specifically between Tony Wilson and Morrissey, was always there. I think that still is there somewhere in the back of fans’ minds. Not that I care. I like JD and NO a lot - as well as Electronic - although nowhere near as much as The Smiths or Morrissey.

I think Johnny teaming up with Sumner right after the break-up wasn’t taken lightly by Moz.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info
Back
Top Bottom