Cover of Ringleader of the Tormentors

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Honestly. I think we're all slipping. How did that get past us obsessive freaks?

"The picture of you holding the violin on the cover of Ringleader Of The Tormentors is brilliant! What was the inspiration for it?

Michelle
St. Louis, Missouri, USA

There is an American film from 1946 called "Humoresque" in which Oscar Levant holds up a copy of a magazine with John Garfield on the front playing the violin, as he does throughout the film. I thought the Garfield picture was so touching, so I tried to copy it. Interestingly, my right hand is cupped on the European version, but is straight on the US version."

-Vaux

:)

I remember a thread about the tiny line of type under "Ringleader of the Tormentors", and how the text varied on some people's copies.

I had to look really hard to find an image of the flat-hand cover. I finally found it in Wal-Mart's online music store. Nowhere else, every other site is using the same stock image of the American cover with the curved hand. They are mislabeled in the thread that was pointing to.

I guess no one ever noticed. But I haven't been here all that long, either. So, yeah, what's up? Slipping on the obsessiveness?

"I guess no one ever noticed. But I haven't been here all that long, either. So, yeah, what's up? Slipping on the obsessiveness?"

On the upside, I guess my medication is working! :)

-Vaux

Can't say I noticed this, even though I probably have about 8 different versions of the CD! Here's a pic. US on left, Taiwan version on right.

I never bothered to ask this, but the curled up hand with the curled up pinky is the more "correct" one, isn't it? Don't ask me, I studied Voice, not violin...

I never bothered to ask this, but the curled up hand with the curled up pinky is the more "correct" one, isn't it? Don't ask me, I studied Voice, not violin...

Depends on the style of playing. I was taught that for classical violin, the proper position is all fingers on the bow, but spread out a bit. Fiddlin' is a whole different matter.

Classical:
cello001.jpg

Indian:
499_DN_Right_Hand_front_.jpg

I never really played violin, but my wife did, so I could be talking out of my ass.

Back
Top Bottom