posted by davidt on Monday July 29 2002, @08:00AM
"Seattle singer-songwriter Coulter announces the release of his latest album and website. Musically influenced by brit-pop, rockabilly, and early 70's glam rock, these songs should hold some appeal to the Moz-crowd (Coulter himself has been a long-time, avowed fan). The album is entitled "The End of Everything" and will be fully downloadable (for free!) on July 31st. He invites you to visit the website www.coulterclub.com where the downloads (samples available now!), as well as pics, news, and links can be found."

---
Note: in addition to event announcements, I am now accepting announcements from bands/artists that want to reach visitors of the site. Since I like to keep posts on topic and I would not normally post these, these will be classified as ads and a fee (to go towards site costs) is required. I've had a few requests before for something similar so get in contact with me again if you are want to post something. The fee, as agreed upon as a fair price with Coulter, is slightly more than what I ask for site events, $50. I don't anticipate there being too many of these, but if you have a problem with this let me know. Personally I feel this is a good way for other artists to get some exposure and at the same time support this site.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • and gladiolas?
    Johnny Marr -- Monday July 29 2002, @08:23AM (#35199)
    (User #1113 Info)
    Going Underground
  • The site sponsors are a good idea but I also like to find out about bands I would have never known about otherwise. It takes 30 seconds to read the article and if you aren't interested you move on.

I will check this site out tonight when I get home.
    Anonymous -- Monday July 29 2002, @09:05AM (#35203)
  • Is this band in any way related to that human nastygram Ann Coulter?

{JOKE}

But talk about having bad associations with someone's name. Yuck. It's like calling your band "Buchanan" or "Clinton" [oh,wait..] or "Bush" [oh, wait again]. How about "George F. Will and the Destroyers"? Or maybe "The Rush Limbaugh Babies"?

Ok, now I'm just being weird.

But their web site doesn't seem to be working so good. Can't seem to get the download page to come up.
    Anonymous -- Monday July 29 2002, @11:34AM (#35223)
  • I met this guy at The Irvine show in 00', but had seen him at a lot of other shows before. He is actually really cool. We were both in the front row at that show and he handed Moz a tape of his band. Wonder if he ever heard it?
    Anonymous -- Monday July 29 2002, @12:33PM (#35232)
  • ...so you can get rid of the turn-ups, the jean jacket, the big collars, the sideburns, and the huge quaff.

if you want to be like moz circa 2002, you'll have to get gucci, prada, and some gray hair color
    Anonymous -- Monday July 29 2002, @01:36PM (#35241)
  • Whatever happened to originality?
    hand in glove -- Tuesday July 30 2002, @12:19AM (#35279)
    (User #827 Info)
    "Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together" - Marilyn Monroe
  • I would just like to say I got an early copy of this cd and it is incredible! Coulter has put alot into this album and doing it all on his own has left a distinct sound to "The End of Everything" I am sure you will enjoy this one!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 30 2002, @07:07AM (#35286)
  • If anyone wants to check out a great band from New York called Entrope... go to www.entrope-online.com!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 30 2002, @10:37AM (#35298)
  • Say Broccoli or Boyzone or Kylie decided to take advantage of the offer? (or, ya know....anyone really crap)
    paulybob <[email protected]> -- Tuesday July 30 2002, @11:19AM (#35299)
    (User #2426 Info)
  • the only musicians i've seen come out of there have long hair, striped shirts, and electric guitars with those funny bumper stickers on them. I'm a little surprised to see a greaser dude pop out of the scene. He kinda reminds me of that guy in the greaser group. You know who i'm talking about. While him and his buddies are at In and Out, he secretly would rather be kicking it across the street at the Starbucks, alongside all the beatniks and their poetry. Careful not to look like a wuss to his friends he plays it cool...laughs at the jazz-listening beatniks along with the guys...and then they go off in their mustangs. Too bad this guy isn't going to open for Moz, I think it would have been nice to see someone with a "Who Farted?" bumper sticker on his guitar.
    Jim Rome -- Wednesday July 31 2002, @12:43PM (#35367)
    (User #720 Info | http://www.jimrome.com/)
    ...and how?
  • Looks like shite sounds like shite must be shite
    Anonymous -- Thursday August 01 2002, @06:05PM (#35456)

[ home | terms of service ]