TWO Unseen Robert Mackie letters and Moz`s pre-Smiths articles- Fanzine "Kid`s Stuff

sistasheila

tjekket
scottish fanzine frankly charming did print an unseen robert mackie letter which has not find its way online yet. it was not included in mackie`s "words by morrissey*" booklet he distributed once back in the 90ties . when he stopped,it found a way online ,see the torr link
robert also did write an article how his meeting with morrissey went etc...
for the newer people: mackie was once mozzer`s penpal during 1980-1981 and robert had copied and printed most of the letters into a fanzine that he sold in the early 90ties
some of you may possess this"Frankly charming" fanzine beside me,in case youre collecting fanzines as well as me,but I hope its new to some of you
this FC issue was no 4,published in summer 93
enjoy:
mackie1-1-1-3.jpg

mackie2-1.jpg

mackie3-2.jpg

mackie4-1.jpg

mackie5-1.jpg

mackie6-1.jpg

..the part with the tennis racket:blushing:

the mackie letters out of his "words by morrissey" booklet which most of you have seen and read are found here
http://torr.typepad.com/weblog/2008/01/moz-penpal-lett.html
and in that prince forum

the pic where moz said of it "he looks like an b-actor" mentioned in the letter is most likely that one below with the sunglasses on, printed a few pages later in the fanzine
the pic which is added next to the article mackie wrote-first pic-(moz looking straight to the camera) is from the mackie *words by morrissey" you can see it attached next to one letter in the torr link^ "Observe the enclosed piccy of your author, disguised as an artiste."

Image0003-3.jpg

he has stopped distributing the words by morrissey booklet i have heard/read hereas well that guy in that prince forum mentioned it (where the words by morrissey got typed up) said it as well and therefore dont wish to get contacted
he also dont live under that adress apparentely anymore.so thts why i have scribbled over the adress just in case..

Last edited:
Re: Unseen Robert Mackie letter (not included in mackie`s "words by morrissey" bookle

Thanks for that Sista:thumb: I have a copy of the Mackie booklet and love it so its great to read yet another letter. How lucky was he to have this relationship with our man:(

Re: Unseen Robert Mackie letter (not included in mackie`s "words by morrissey" bookle

That's great thanks:thumb:

Re: Unseen Robert Mackie letter (not included in mackie's "words by morrissey" bookle

Amazing!

Thank you so much sista!

I'm still intrigued by his hand writing! Fascinates me to this day!

Thank you very much sistasheila.

Glad to know Morrissey liked Monochrome Set. :)

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Hehehe, lahhv zombie :p.

Re: Unseen Robert Mackie letter (not included in mackie's "words by morrissey" bookle

Thank you. I loved this.

Steven was a peculiar boy. Who'll save him for being a man, not me.

Like my obscure Monochrome Set reference? Me, neither.

I was expecting a different word after 'polishing'.The tone of the letter seemd to be leading that way..:blushing:

'There's a wild man in [his] head'. :lbf: :thumb:

This and the others are great!
I'm definitely stealing this aswell; 'Jesus think you're OK.'

Re: Two Unseen Robert Mackie letters (not included in mackie's "words by morrissey")

i recently got another fanzine which has printed another mackie letter which had NOT been included in the "words by morrissey" booklet as well
(words by morrissey was made avaiaable through the torr site)
This time its from an canadian fanzine called "the loop". less teasing than the one posted above^ from the frankly charming fanzine.
This time,much more talking about music and ..surprising relevations about shakespeare:eek:

coverloop.jpg

contents1.jpg

mackieletter2.jpg

mackieletter2001.jpg

Re: TWO Unseen Robert Mackie letters (not included in mackie's "words by morrissey")

I adore these. ADORE THEM. I've always been a big letter writer - something happens through handwriting you can't put across via typing on a computer.

I think I shall have to nab that sign off, "Jesus thinks you're o.k." :D

Re: TWO Unseen Robert Mackie letters (not included in mackie's "words by morrissey")

He always did think a lot of himself, didn't he? I wonder what would have become of him had he never made it.

WOW thanks Sista :thumb:

This has to be probably my favourite thing to read, Morrissey being nothing but himself :o

I do not, hoerver, want to know about the cotton wool and the tennis racket :squiffy:

HA! :lbf: "I'll gladly tape them for you"!!! The P2P of olden times!!!:D Remember the interview with the Zane zombie in which they discuss downloading and he's all like "mmmmmmmmmm." Busted, Keaton.:rofl:

On a more serious note, 'thought "sorry" didn't help? Poor Robert. Must still be traumatized.
Makes you wonder about Mancunian hospitality...:lbf:(luckily I know the others are charming :lbf:).

His offer to tape the Monochrome Set album for his friend is a relief. The impression is of someone electric and warmly companionable but woe betide those who can't keep up. :(

Regarding Magazine, only this week on a radio quiz I won a T-shirt and the CD and DVD of their concerts in Manchester and London in February of this year . :thumb:
'About the Weather' is not a featured track but I ain't complaining. Thanks sistasheila, great to meet the geezer bubble up at source. :D

Can someone explain the tennis racket and cotton wool please???

Oh, I am so innocent :flowers:

Tags
fanzine letter mackie pre-smiths robert mackie
Back
Top Bottom