Omagh and Belfast and meeting the band

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
MODS MOVE IF WRONG FORUM

Long term fans experience.................

As a veteran of 25 shows I have never enjoyed a weekend like the one just past. We travelled up on Friday morning from Dublin and checked into our hotel in Omagh. As we were checking in Matt Jesse and Solomon were going through the foyer heading to the tourbus on the way to the soundcheck. then Boz came along stopped fo a couple of minutes for a chat and a couple of photos. Top Bloke.

Right up the front for the Omagh gig and "after all this time" finally got a handshake from Moz and was delighted. Really enjoyed the concert and the band were excellent. Mr Pooley gets a lot of stick on here but his playing was faultless to tis ear

Back to the hotel and the residents bar Jesse joined us for a few drinks and a bit of a singsong. Gavin from These Charming Men was with us and he had his guitar.I cannot say enough about how pleasant and friendly Jesse was. Great company and just a decent down to earth bloke.

Belfast was a much more intense show. Managed to get another hand shake from Moz during the encore and Jesse gave me the signed setlist at the end. Truely a fantastic weekend and one I wont forget for quite a long time.

BTW Dolls and the Kicks were very good and the lead singer is indeed a doll. Absolutly gorgous.

cossy

MODS MOVE IF WRONG FORUM

Long term fans experience.................

As a veteran of 25 shows I have never enjoyed a weekend like the one just past. We travelled up on Friday morning from Dublin and checked into our hotel in Omagh. As we were checking in Matt Jesse and Solomon were going through the foyer heading to the tourbus on the way to the soundcheck. then Boz came along stopped fo a couple of minutes for a chat and a couple of photos. Top Bloke.

Right up the front for the Omagh gig and "after all this time" finally got a handshake from Moz and was delighted. Really enjoyed the concert and the band were excellent. Mr Pooley gets a lot of stick on here but his playing was faultless to tis ear

Back to the hotel and the residents bar Jesse joined us for a few drinks and a bit of a singsong. Gavin from These Charming Men was with us and he had his guitar.I cannot say enough about how pleasant and friendly Jesse was. Great company and just a decent down to earth bloke.

Belfast was a much more intense show. Managed to get another hand shake from Moz during the encore and Jesse gave me the signed setlist at the end. Truely a fantastic weekend and one I wont forget for quite a long time.

BTW Dolls and the Kicks were very good and the lead singer is indeed a doll. Absolutly gorgous.

cossy

Great story Cossy - very envious. Hoping I'll be half as lucky on Thursday!

GC

Excellent!

Glad to hear you had great time, cossy.
Would you post the setlist of Belfast if you remember? :)

Oh Cossy! What a wonderful experience! :thumb:Sounds like you had a perfect weekend! That is so fantastic! So happy for you!!! Treasure your memories!:)

Agreed - sounds like a great experience. and yes Jesse is actually a very friendly guy. *sigh* I refuse to wait 'til Moz comes to the west coast here in the US...must see him soon.

What a story. Can you remember what songs you did in the bar? Gavin is one of the best guitarists I've heard - his renditions of Smiths/Moz songs are spot on. By the way, I blagged this picture from your facebook posting...

5nokg3.jpg

Peter

P.S - Pictures and review from the Belfast Telegraph.

Last edited:
THanks Peter

All a bit blurry in the bar but one song we all sangalong to was "I want the one I cant have" which obviously Jesse never played live but knew all the words. More as it come back to me

cossy

met boz but not moz at hotel after belfast gig...great guy..signed lp..photos as well...will upload if only i knew how!

I was also at both the Omagh and Belfast gigs too and have to agree, had a really great weekend!! Omagh was brilliant, was able to get close enough to finally get a handshake at my 8th show during the encore, swoon! Went to the aftershow at Top of The Town, where I got to meet Doll and the Kicks, was chatting to Hannah at length jokingly about the Killarney gaffe (start of UK tour and all that) and she said there were many other such 'Spinal Tap'-esque moments already, such as getting lost in a corridor (!), though their drummer thankfully hadn't blown up! Went downstairs for a bit and who was there but Boz!!! Hurrah! Chatted to him too for a bit, such a top bloke, he remembered me from speaking to him outside the Morrisson Hotel in Dublin after the 2006 Marlay Park gig, i was so chuffed!!! He also promised 3 setlist changes for Belfast which were delivered, hurrah!! All in all, a great aftershow party!

Then it was back to Belfast, my hometown, for 2nd night... Sadly missed DATK as the 8.00 time on the ticket was start time not doors oops, promised Hannah I'd dance too, boo!! So at 8.40, instead of getting another drink, I decided to go get a place near the barrier from the start, got right up there easily, only one girl between myself and the barrier. Had a great time singing along, atmosphere was mostly great, got handshakes off Moz, Boz and Solomon, also a knowing wink from Boz, which was nice!! All in all, a superb weekend!!! Just want to do it all over again!!!

I was also at both the Omagh and Belfast gigs too and have to agree, had a really great weekend!! Omagh was brilliant, was able to get close enough to finally get a handshake at my 8th show during the encore, swoon! Went to the aftershow at Top of The Town, where I got to meet Doll and the Kicks, was chatting to Hannah at length jokingly about the Killarney gaffe (start of UK tour and all that) and she said there were many other such 'Spinal Tap'-esque moments already, such as getting lost in a corridor (!), though their drummer thankfully hadn't blown up! Went downstairs for a bit and who was there but Boz!!! Hurrah! Chatted to him too for a bit, such a top bloke, he remembered me from speaking to him outside the Morrisson Hotel in Dublin after the 2006 Marlay Park gig, i was so chuffed!!! He also promised 3 setlist changes for Belfast which were delivered, hurrah!! All in all, a great aftershow party!

Then it was back to Belfast, my hometown, for 2nd night... Sadly missed DATK as the 8.00 time on the ticket was start time not doors oops, promised Hannah I'd dance too, boo!! So at 8.40, instead of getting another drink, I decided to go get a place near the barrier from the start, got right up there easily, only one girl between myself and the barrier. Had a great time singing along, atmosphere was mostly great, got handshakes off Moz, Boz and Solomon, also a knowing wink from Boz, which was nice!! All in all, a superb weekend!!! Just want to do it all over again!!!

Great story mate thanks for sharing. Jesse had said Boz had gone to the aftershow party in Omagh and he arrived back to the hotel around 3am when we were still in Jesse company. Poor old Boz looked like he had over indulged in the alcohol. He was hammered back at the hotel and hit the bed around
4am. Jesse joined him in the residents bar for a while.

As you said yourelf WHAT A WEEKEND

Roll on Manchester on the 23rd:guitar:

cossy

Back
Top Bottom