So this Signed Album Business?

CDUBYA

I'm hearing all sorts of stories about it. Have yet to see one posted.

Any pics of these?

When should I run out to the merch table then?

Have they been at every show? Have they sold out at every show?

Questions, questions.

just a normal YoR LP signed on the front by Moz.

on the back in the lower right corner is a small round sticker with the date, city/venue and they're numbered.

Last edited:
DSCN0918.jpg

Search the forums...geez. j/k they are 50 each and have not been at every show. They pop up for sale during the encore...

I got #1/30 in Philly after I got booted from the pit. I'm going to hang it on my wall next to The Crow soundtrack that's signed by Bo Bo.

That's the move, really. Stage invade during I'm OK By Myself before everyone goes for it. Get ejected, beat the crowd to the vinyl, head back in to see everyone get pummeled during First of the Gang.

As Shawn mentioned, it's hit or miss. There were none at The Wellmont. The girl at the merchandise stand in Philly was instructed to wait until the encore to sell them.

How do we know that they are actually signed by Moz himself, and not by some guy getting paid minimum wage to do it???

Honestly, the only way it actually counts to own a signed item by an artist is when they actually sign it in your presence,, specially if they write your name on it <3

$50 is not too much money to spend on these tough, so I'll probably buy one if they have them here in Cali.

That's the move, really. Stage invade during I'm OK By Myself before everyone goes for it. Get ejected, beat the crowd to the vinyl, head back in to see everyone get pummeled during First of the Gang.

Do they leave the stage between I'm Ok By Myself and FOTGTD? Or do they do the bow thing then go right into it?

Last edited:
i wonder if moz management figured the same maniacs getting on stage would be the same ones to buy $50 signed LPs everynite, lets put them out only at the encore!

Honestly, the only way it actually counts to own a signed item by an artist is when they actually sign it in your presence,, specially if they write your name on it <3

i agree 200% to this

Last edited:

yeah, i agree this way means a lot more. when solomon signed the back of mine, he was like you already got his...i said well not really. heh

Signed vinyl at Irish Gigs???

I may have missed it but has there been any mention anywhere that signed vinyl YOR's have been available at the Irish gigs?? If they havn't, I wonder why not :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Re: Signed vinyl at Irish Gigs???

Personally I didn't see any signed vinyl at the Irish gigs or hear of anyone getting one but I my girlfriend got me a signed vinyl at the Boston concert.Just in case you haven't heard they usually put them up for sale during the encore.

Re: Signed vinyl at Irish Gigs???

Hmmm - one the one hand I'm not that keen on the whole collecting signatures lark, unless it's when you actually meet someone.

Having said that, these would make nice tour memento's, though the fact that I'll be pressed up at the front for the actual gigs will mean that by the time I actually fight my way back to the merchandise stall after the concert they will all be long gone.

Such is life.

Just back from belfast and a great weekend, I was chatting before the gig to the guy on the merchandise stall and asked about the signed Vinyl and he looked at me as tho I knew some offical secret ha ha but said yes they would be selling them but couldnt until the end of the gig.

I got number 5 of 50, but didnt honestly seem much interest in them or others were not aware that they were on sale, you can get the vinyl for £20 or signed for £30

Trouble loves me

Graham

PS the Belfast people were so friendly and helpful and I will return for longer to visit the city properly

I got a signed vinyl last night in Dundee, number 12 of 16. It’s true what people are saying, you have to ask for them. Only the unsigned vinyl’s are on display. I watched the merchandise guy peel the sticker from a page of stickers and stick it on the vinyl. I suppose the reason for this is that if they don’t sell all 16 they can just use them for the next gig. Which I think takes the shine off a little. I imagined Morrissey sitting backstage before the gigs and signing them, after all the sticker on the back does say the vinyl was signed on that day and in that venue. But for all I know the vinyl I bought last night could have been a leftover from the night before in Stirling.

Still I’m really pleased that I managed to get one and it’s a nice souvenir from a gig which I thoroughly enjoyed. And I agree with what people say, that autographs should be given in person but then I think, what are the chances of that actually happening. And at least I know this is genuine and not some ebay scam.

I got a signed vinyl last night in Dundee, number 12 of 16. It’s true what people are saying, you have to ask for them. Only the unsigned vinyl’s are on display. I watched the merchandise guy peel the sticker from a page of stickers and stick it on the vinyl. I suppose the reason for this is that if they don’t sell all 16 they can just use them for the next gig. Which I think takes the shine off a little. I imagined Morrissey sitting backstage before the gigs and signing them, after all the sticker on the back does say the vinyl was signed on that day and in that venue. But for all I know the vinyl I bought last night could have been a leftover from the night before in Stirling.

Still I’m really pleased that I managed to get one and it’s a nice souvenir from a gig which I thoroughly enjoyed. And I agree with what people say, that autographs should be given in person but then I think, what are the chances of that actually happening. And at least I know this is genuine and not some ebay scam.

I got one last night as well. I got number 2 or 3 i think. I sent Vivabob to get mine as i was on the barrier:cool:.

Tags
waste of dough
Back
Top Bottom