Tour of Refusal Intro

mhicks

Senior Citizen member
Can anyone give any details as to the music played before hand, the pre show music etc? Is it Imperfect List et al or something new?
This kind of stuff is important to me!!

Re: Intro...

Really? He seems to like that song. The Smoking Popes version was used in 06 (ROTT) tour. Won't go down well in Manchester I think!

As you enter, before the preshow music starts, there is a lengthy recording of W. H. Auden reading his poetry.

Music includes songs from The Fall, Siousxie, Marianne Faithfull coving "Dear God" and Bow Wow Wow covering "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish"

Can anyone give any details as to the music played before hand, the pre show music etc? Is it Imperfect List et al or something new?
This kind of stuff is important to me!!

Any videos playing? Whats the new backdrop?

The videos include previously seen clips from the NY Dolls and Vince Taylor...There are new clips of Jobriath, Shelagh Delaney, and two live videos from the group Shocking Blue

It would be despicable if it doesn't for football reasons alone.

It's really scary how some non-Liverpool fans react to that version. I have seen men in the crowd at a Moz concert shout and scream and punch the air in pure RAGE during the Smoking Popes version

... although I have to admit it would be a bit amusing if the Nina Simone version caused the same reaction.

In Manchester in 06 it really didn't go down well at all. lots of booing, which was a bit awkward as it was just before he came on.

In Manchester in 06 it really didn't go down well at all. lots of booing, which was a bit awkward as it was just before he came on.

Everyone was doing it with tongues firmly in cheeks. It was a joke that just ran from night to night. It was funny.

The videos include previously seen clips from the NY Dolls and Vince Taylor...There are new clips of Jobriath, Shelagh Delaney, and two live videos from the group Shocking Blue

There were 3 by Shocking Blue in Richmond & DC: "Venus", "Inkpot", and something else where they're walking through a park & riding a merry-go-round.

Just to point out, the Popes' version was never the intro, it was just the last song played on the pre-gig music tape before the lights went out.

Yes indeed and then into "What a pretty" and I thought it was very effective as the second verse started and the lights went down. Listening to that Nina Simone intro I find it difficult to believe it works as it is very slow.

as much as i didn't really care for kristeen young i have to say it just won't be the same without her

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2009 tour entrance?

Does anybody have a full audio/video clip of this tour's entrance music?

The clips I've found on YouTube only have the end and you can't hear it properly. Somebody said it's a piano version of You'll Never Walk Alone?

If anybody has a clip of the whole thing it would be nice to hear, thanks.

Definitely a piano version. I heard no vocals.

I may have captured some of the opening music while setting up my recorder; I'll have to check.

Back
Top Bottom