Maladjusted Cover Art...

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
I've just recieved an email from Record Store today about wanting to pre-order the Maladjusted re-release.

Here's the cover I think they might be using...I couldn't find a bigger image. Does anyone know anymore about the cover?

maladjusted-200.jpg

I love the cover, the original one was awful. I remember other pics from the same session, looking for it just now.

This one, maybe?

mozdrivemehime7.jpg

Nah, but this one for sure.

mm97-4.jpg

mm97-3.jpg

From Comtesse's website, motorcycleaupairboy.com

Last edited:
Re: Is this really the new Maladjusted cover?

The cover is worse than the original :confused:

This looks interesing though: "Expanded package with 24-page booklet in a stylish new hardback, ‘Ecolbook’, format."

As does: "...re-presented by Morrissey to include b-sides in a completely new sequence with a new sleeve, a typically captivating new essay, by Morrissey himself, and rare photos."

Last edited:
I liked the 'Years Of Refusal' cover because whether you like the font or not it looks thought out. This looks like they've found a great picture of Morrissey and stuck some tacky gold font over the top. Very unappealing.

I quite liked the way he looked mega fed-up on the original cover :p

This looks interesing though: "Expanded package with 24-page booklet in a stylish new hardback, ‘Ecolbook’, format."

As does: "...re-presented by Morrissey to include b-sides in a completely new sequence with a new sleeve, a typically captivating new essay, by Morrissey himself, and rare photos."

Re: Is this really the new Maladjusted cover?

Finally.....not its official.

BTW this is not the right section to post this kind of info. this is only for dowlonads and bootlegs.

I liked the 'Years Of Refusal' cover because whether you like the font or not it looks thought out. This looks like they've found a great picture of Morrissey and stuck some tacky gold font over the top. Very unappealing.

I quite liked the way he looked mega fed-up on the original cover :p

I agree that the font is not like a ROTT typeface, that was beautiful, I doubt this will be the finished article though.

The text isn't even aligned properly.

This won't be what is to be released.

It looks like it's been knocked together by someone using Photoshop for the first time. It surely won't be the finished product, will it?

It's hard to judge from a thumbnail. At that size, it looks very cluttered, and the type is under attack. However, at actual size, it may open up, resolving those issues.

Even so, that little bit of bicycle handlebar poking into shot is a bit irritating. Some cropping wouldn't go amiss.

And, is it just me, or is there a distinct bulge in the front of Morrissey's trousers? Dirty ticket.

Maladjusted was easily the worst of any of the record covers that saw light of say. Southpaw was at least interesting to me if not great.

The font on this new release certainly isn't terrible and would be fine with better placement and a better crop on the photo.

The crooked alignment and the whole of it not being mathematically neat serves the title and the album's mindset well. I love it. :thumb: It's far better then the original cover and definitely better than Yor's cover which - I still think - really sucks. :sick:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom