Atlanta Has Been Cancelled

Patrick

Tonight's performance in Atlanta has been canceled. This hasn't been officially announced yet, but will be in a few short hours I would hope. Without betraying any trusts, I will say this news is 100% legit.

This news should come as little surprise to those who were in attendance to last night's gig, but Morrissey's voice is gone and he would not be able to perform tonight under any condition.

I know some people will be traveling to Atlanta, so I thought it be only fair to mention the fact that the show has been canceled. This decision was reached some time last night, and I personally find it offensive that this news wasn't put out to the fans immediately, as they are the ones most affected.

Moz's PR firm "Girlie Action" is a known joke, and will no doubt spin their usual line of hastily written b.s. at the last possible minute, but take it from me —this tour is in serious trouble.

That sucks. Sorry, ATL. It should be standard practice (esp nowadays) to allow at least one day of rest between gigs, not counting travel. Take time to smell the roses, Morrissey. Get well soon.

Wow, I'm glad I decided not to drive up to Atlanta! :( I don't think I would have been able to handle two cancellations! :o

Last edited:
Luckily i sold my tickets for this show. So close to booking a flight for this and then The Courteeners were announced to open for Dallas. So it really all goes back to the Courteeners. Sorry to whoever bought my tix

Wow, I feel really bad for everyone. :( I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am a bit.

Oh man this sucks! Though by all accounts Moz definitely wasn't in good shape at Myrtle Beach, he obviously needs more time to recover from whatever ails him.
I feel so bad for those who were heading to Atlanta! :(

I hope he gets/has a good doctor/good care and feels that people might be mad and sad; yet knows he is cherished and held in the light and loved.
So, a wave of bliss and health is embracing ((((Moz)))))

and my heart goes out to the ((((fans who miss him due to cancellations))))).

surprised? really? I've endured countless disappointments with Morrissey cancelling shows.

His tour itinerary is always too ambitious. He's 50. He's ill.

Do the math... it all adds up to many many more cancellations. I'm not counting on the Pittsburgh show nearly 2 weeks out.

Anyone want to comment on the feasibility of getting a ticket for one of these gigs:
Mar. 13 Richmond, VA - The National,
Mar. 14 Washington, DC - Warner Theatre,
Mar. 16 Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre,
Mar. 17 Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Music Hal,
Mar. 19 Buffalo, NY - University At Buffalo Center for the Arts,
Mar. 21 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom,
Mar. 22 Philadelphia, PA - Academy of Music, or
Mar. 25 New York, NY - Webster Hall and expecting it to be played? I paid through the nose for my Atlanta ticket and expect a refund from the blasted supplier.

I definitely don't hold it against Morrissey, but I don't expect to have many more chances to see him live, I'd really like to go this tour.

Anyone want to comment on the feasibility of getting a ticket for one of these gigs:
Mar. 25 New York, NY - Webster Hall and expecting it to be played? I paid through the nose for my Atlanta ticket and expect a refund from the blasted supplier.

I definitely don't hold it against Morrissey, but I don't expect to have many more chances to see him live, I'd really like to go this tour.

check the kimmel center site in philly daily.. you could get seats as close as row 12 yesterday

check the kimmel center site in philly daily.. you could get seats as close as row 12 yesterday

you'll have to hurry and buy them before benandrus buys them to scalp.

Back
Top Bottom