Possible after show party East End style on May 26th?

Would you be up for an after show party?

• Yes, Please

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, Thanks

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Virgil Tracy

Good Evening West 'am!
Was thinking of Bethnal Green Working Men's Club

Thoughts on a Morrissey/Smiths Disco in the heart of the East End after the Mile End gig. The venue is really cool old 50's style working men's club similar sort of feel to the "Sing Your Life" video.

Happy to arrange if there is enough takers?

Also - I will organise a East End/Morrissey Walk for the afternoon, Victoria Park, Turks Head, Boys Club etc with Pie, Mash and Liquer for those who wish.

I'm still very proud that Morrissey is playing in the part of Laaauden that I'm very proud to call my home!! Que comment from JJ!

Was thinking of Bethnal Green Working Men's Club

Thoughts on a Morrissey/Smiths Disco in the heart of the East End after the Mile End gig. The venue is really cool old 50's style working men's club similar sort of feel to the "Sing Your Life" video.

Happy to arrange if there is enough takers?

Also - I will organise a East End/Morrissey Walk for the afternoon, Victoria Park, Turks Head, Boys Club etc with Pie, Mash and Liquer for those who wish.

I'm still very proud that Morrissey is playing in the part of Laaauden that I'm very proud to call my home!! Que comment from JJ!

salmon and ball?

Virgil,
Leaving the writ from my solicitor to one side;)
How about at the Turks Head itself!
It's a community cafe, so if you book it as a private party and people either bring their own alcohol or 'buy a raffle ticket, everyone a winner bottle of beer' it would be an ideal venue.

Jukebox Jury

Virgil,
Leaving the writ from my solicitor to one side;)
How about at the Turks Head itself!
It's a community cafe, so if you book it as a private party and people either bring their own alcohol or 'buy a raffle ticket, everyone a winner bottle of beer' it would be an ideal venue.

Jukebox Jury

That is not a bad idea and I know the chair of the turks head (Politics :rolleyes:) but don't think it would really work as it has a huge open plan kitchen. I'll make some enquires.

That is not a bad idea and I know the chair of the turks head (Politics :rolleyes:) but don't think it would really work as it has a huge open plan kitchen. I'll make some enquires.

Virgil
Even better.... you'll need a big fridge for all of the beers!!;)

Jukebox Jury

Virgil
Even better.... you'll need a big fridge for all of the beers!!;)

Jukebox Jury

I'll make some enquires today! Plus it's only round the corner from the venue.

Just take over the place then down to the white horse kebab house

Indeed - I'm impressed with your knowledge of the old East End for a Mickey, ever thought about becoming a black cab driver?

Good idea Mark! Not that this hadn't already been mentioned. :p I see you haven't dared tag this as "Walker's Walks" yet!

If you (or me as well if you want some help), or Quarry do something at Bethnal Green WMC, don't forget York Hall is around the corner.

Good idea Mark! Not that this hadn't already been mentioned. :p I see you haven't dared tag this as "Walker's Walks" yet!

If you (or me as well if you want some help), or Quarry do something at Bethnal Green WMC, don't forget York Hall is around the corner.

I like the sound of that - Walker's Walks!

Indeed York Hall is round the corner, are you thinking as a venue for the disco or just as part of the walk?

We could have a card school in the ring in the middle like from lock stock!!!

I'll talk to Quarry and see what they have planned, if it's not to be this time then maybe sometime next year.

JJ wanted to see Upton Park as he has never been to two grounds, Maine Road and the City of Manchester Stadium :p

I am busy finalising plans for Quarry events to follow the London gigs.

I'm hoping to have venues that are walking distance from the gigs especially since they are mid week so people won't be that keen on traveling far because of work the next day ....

The Bethnal Green Working Men's Club would be a good venue and its on my list to check out. I'm waiting for the venue to get back to me.

I'm also looking at other venues nearer to the Troxy. The Troxy Mile End description is a bit misleading because its not at Mile End. It's on Commercial Road and it's 1.7 miles from the Bethnal Green Working Men's Club so a bit of a walk.

I am looking at several venues and will be viewing them this week so will hopefully have something confirmed very soon and will announce it on here and via the Quarry mailing list.

Mike

I am busy finalising plans for Quarry events to follow the London gigs.

I'm hoping to have venues that are walking distance from the gigs especially since they are mid week so people won't be that keen on traveling far because of work the next day ....

The Bethnal Green Working Men's Club would be a good venue and its on my list to check out. I'm waiting for the venue to get back to me.

I'm also looking at other venues nearer to the Troxy. The Troxy Mile End description is a bit misleading because its not at Mile End. It's on Commercial Road and it's 1.7 miles from the Bethnal Green Working Men's Club so a bit of a walk.

I am looking at several venues and will be viewing them this week so will hopefully have something confirmed very soon and will announce it on here and via the Quarry mailing list.

Mike

All valid points - JJ suggestion is not a bad idea but no bar.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, you can use mine and KitKatMoz's flat's if you like!

I like the sound of that - Walker's Walks!

Indeed York Hall is round the corner, are you thinking as a venue for the disco or just as part of the walk?

We could have a card school in the ring in the middle like from lock stock!!!

I'll talk to Quarry and see what they have planned, if it's not to be this time then maybe sometime next year.

JJ wanted to see Upton Park as he has never been to two grounds, Maine Road and the City of Manchester Stadium :p

Virgil
I shall ignore that bottom line:mad::D

Don't forget to walk to the fountain and bandstand in Victoria Park too and re-enact the 'Sunny' video.:cool:

I won't be doing a Quarry event now to follow The Troxy. Getting a venue that's close by has proved problematic and now that there are 3 Brixton dates I am focusing on those nights since they are also on better days of the week and I haven't really the time to be able to do an event after all of the London dates.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom