will y.o.r. serve to strengthen vauxhalls reputation as morrisseys best ever work?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
played "paris" to my wife a couple of times the other nite, she said it was ok but "get vauxhall put on" i think it will be a decent album but will only in the long run be another way to see just how great vauxhall and i really is.

Re: will y.o.r. serve to strengthen vauxhalls reputation as morrisseys best ever work

played "paris" to my wife a couple of times the other nite, she said it was ok but "get vauxhall put on" i think it will be a decent album but will only in the long run be another way to see just how great vauxhall and i really is.

Sounds like purely an issue of taste. If you're subconsciously unwilling to let anything surpass Vauxhall, you will find YoR inadequate. Simple as that, really.

Re: will y.o.r. serve to strengthen vauxhalls reputation as morrisseys best ever work

Problem is you, refuse to accept / admit / like the new album.

Problem is you, refuse to accept / admit / like the new album.

not at , not at all i would be delighted for the new album to be better than anything but on the showing of "paris" so far i can just see it becoming another also ran to vauxhall , i hope i am wrong at any rate it has to be better than ringleader at least.

not at , not at all i would be delighted for the new album to be better than anything but on the showing of "paris" so far i can just see it becoming another also ran to vauxhall , i hope i am wrong at any rate it has to be better than ringleader at least.

Our point is, what you're saying is purely based on your opinion. There are people on this forum that love "Paris," think its his best song to date.

I guess its just hard if you have a fave record. Mine happens to be Bona drag even though it's not a "proper album"...and I guess a lot agree that ringleaders wasnt his best album but I try to give each new album a chance to be my new fave one!

There are people on this forum that love "Paris," think its his best song to date.

there are??? its not bad, but best song to date?

who said that? i must smack them. :cool:

I agree with you about Vauxhall being a great album but do you mean he could've closed up after producing it? Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, I say. :)

I agree with you about Vauxhall being a great album but do you mean he could've closed up after producing it? Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, I say. :)

no i savour any new stuff and like most of it, but maybe the golden period is over but i'll settle for silver or bronze rather than nothing at all.

I imagine some people will not be happy until the new Moz/Marr work comes out in 2010.

no i savour any new stuff and like most of it, but maybe the golden period is over but i'll settle for silver or bronze rather than nothing at all.

Each artist has a golden period. Maybe you're right and his golden period is over. Good job he has an extended discography that we can chose from.

Re: What??

I'm currently downloading the torrent because I seem to only have Lifeguard, Sweet Boy, Sunbathers and Speedway. (Don't worry Morrissey's accountant, I've purchased the album TWICE before. Tape then CD.) I think it deserves another listen based on speedfreak and his wife's impassioned opinion.

I imagine some people will not be happy until the new Moz/Marr work comes out in 2010.

then we would be complaining, marr hasn't written a decent tune in 20yrs.

Back
Top Bottom