Rubber Ring Remsater Download

Devoted101

Crashing Bore
rubber ring remaster

so yes i did get BOTH the iTunes deluxe edition AND the cd deluxe edition (and, by the way, i DID download it early too.. and bought it.. twice, so all you all you can't stand when people download early.. SUCK IT) anyway..

so get this.. yes it is nice to have a remaster of Rubber Ring, though i could care less about The Draize Train, i never liked the instrumentals from smiths and never will...

so i am not OVERLY upset that the tracks are DRM'd BUT BUT BUT.. they are 125 AAC!!!!! wtf?? 125??? surely there must be a better release quality than that.. why remaster if you are going to release it at such a shit bitrate?

anyway.. does anyone have a better source and if so where did you get it?

Re: rubber ring remaster

so yes i did get BOTH the iTunes deluxe edition AND the cd deluxe edition (and, by the way, i DID download it early too.. and bought it.. twice, so all you all you can't stand when people download early.. SUCK IT) anyway..

so get this.. yes it is nice to have a remaster of Rubber Ring, though i could care less about The Draize Train, i never liked the instrumentals from smiths and never will...

so i am not OVERLY upset that the tracks are DRM'd BUT BUT BUT.. they are 125 AAC!!!!! wtf?? 125??? surely there must be a better release quality than that.. why remaster if you are going to release it at such a shit bitrate?

anyway.. does anyone have a better source and if so where did you get it?

Those are iTunes exclusives (in the US, anyway), so it looks like you're (and all of us) are SOL.

I won't even point out that you knew you were getting 128kbps DRM versions when you purchased it, because they're not offered in iTunes Plus.

yeah i knew what i was in for.. to be honest i was hoping that since it was a preorder they just hadn't gotten around to putting the plus in.. but oh well.. i am glad to have it... i just.. i just don't get the logic.. i do in a simple sense, but i hope they are not so simple.. if you get me..

yeah i knew what i was in for.. to be honest i was hoping that since it was a preorder they just hadn't gotten around to putting the plus in.. but oh well.. i am glad to have it... i just.. i just don't get the logic.. i do in a simple sense, but i hope they are not so simple.. if you get me..

Because iTunes is, at best, either a temporary fix until you can get a physical copy, or good enough for one-off songs that you don't care too much about, anyway. It's just those few cases, like this one, where the songs are iTunes exclusives at a shitty bitrate and leave you with an empty feeling.

for sure.. and it is so not fair to make a shitty bitrate song ALSO be exclusive to those who buy the album in full digitally. but again, i knew what i was getting in for.. doesnt mean i cant bitch a little.

thanks for RR remastered, sounds pretty good. although it just sounds like the volume has been pumped up a bit (not so much a remaster) or is it just my ears?
did R.R. & D.Train come as bonus tracks when you bought the full album? or is draize train available on its own. would be interesting to hear a remastered version of that.
also anyone notice the HMV online price is alot cheaper than it is in store? went in and was shocked to see it priced at £14.99 for the double cd vers but online it was £12.99 or less.

ask and you shall recieve..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vljrex - The Draize Train

but yeah the volume was pumped up but that was mentioned in the interview with the dude who remastered it, or maybe johnny mentioned it, anyway, it was also presumably remastered.. sounds a bit remastered to me in the sense that all the sounds stand out on their own a bit more, everything sounds so crisp.

keep in mind that this is an AAC at 125 recorded off my soundcard at mp3 128...

ask and you shall recieve..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vljrex - The Draize Train

but yeah the volume was pumped up but that was mentioned in the interview with the dude who remastered it, or maybe johnny mentioned it, anyway, it was also presumably remastered.. sounds a bit remastered to me in the sense that all the sounds stand out on their own a bit more, everything sounds so crisp.

keep in mind that this is an AAC at 125 recorded off my soundcard at mp3 128...

omg it is sounds totally different!!!
thanks so much for posting, i shall buy

From Passions...

The iTunes digital one-disc edition features as bonus
What She Said
Hand In Glove (live 29 June 1983)

iTunes UK and USA

The iTunes digital deluxe edition features as bonus
Rubber Ring
The Draize Train
The Queen Is Dead [video]

iTunes UK and USA​

I'm buggered if I'm gonna buy the albums as downloads - I've bought both the single and double cds - so it would be great if someone who did download rather than buy the cd could upload What She Said and Hand in Glove :)

Cheers
Dave

From Passions...

The iTunes digital one-disc edition features as bonus
What She Said
Hand In Glove (live 29 June 1983)​

right but at least you can buy those separate. i mean the quality is still 125 aac which seems to make the remastering process a waste BUT nevertheless, there you have it..​

Back
Top Bottom