Amanda Palmer Covers the Smiths `Please Please Let Me Get...` in Manchester

Randy Darling

Morrissey`s Lad
Amanda Palmer Covers the Smiths` `Please Please Please Let Me...` in Manchester

Amanda Palmer(from the Dresden Dolls) played a show in Manchester last night.In her blog,posted today,she recounts:

we played manchester last night, it was the best show of the tour since dublin. CRAZINESS. WONDERFULNESS. cake.

it being a shitty day yesterday, and manchester being HOME of the MOZ and all….
l_29fb00ba61bd4eb79484c1033677f188.jpg

….i decided that i’d learn one of my favorite smiths backstage.

so forgive the simplicity, but my god, this song hit home last night….
“please, please, please let me get what i want”, live last night from manch academy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMlDbhaI6n8

Amanda`s blog:

http://blog.amandapalmer.net/

(could someone be kind enough to post the video in the news section as I can`t remember my password)

I`ve seen the woman live in Dublin.The show was one the best that I have ever been to.The pure perfection would have ensued if she had covered the Smiths as well,and I knew she would,so here you go.:guitar:

Last edited:
I cannot stand her, writing a song called "Leeds United" that's nothing to do with the team and complete jibberish.

I didn't know she covered that one too...wish there were a better recording

I cannot stand her, writing a song called "Leeds United" that's nothing to do with the team and complete jibberish.

I do like that song.It's coming out as a single. Well the title of the song doesn't have to have anything to do with the subject matter,and there's such a thing as a metaphor.
Aside from that,I didn't think much of her musicwise until I met her.She had an extraordinary kind of energy and her gig blew me away...and,if you notice in the video,her right foot is in a cast,and she's still touring!

I didn't know she covered that one too...wish there were a better recordingng!

i am sure there exists an audio version.
and maybe even an video version-look into a dresden dolls forum

Back
Top Bottom