Freaky phone call

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
I just answered the phone, and I got a recorded message saying, "This number (which I didn't recognise), has sent you a message which reads, "Be careful Amy, there is a man with a knife going round [my hometown]".

I checked on my mobile and nobody has sent me a text. I didn't know the number mentioned on the phone, or the number of the person calling. Why would someone text my landline, and how the hell did they get hold of the number and just happen to know my name?

Strange and unsettling.

I would be packing my bags for a week long trip out of town if I were you.

I just answered the phone, and I got a recorded message saying, "This number (which I didn't recognise), has sent you a message which reads, "Be careful Amy, there is a man with a knife going round [my hometown]".

I checked on my mobile and nobody has sent me a text. I didn't know the number mentioned on the phone, or the number of the person calling. Why would someone text my landline, and how the hell did they get hold of the number and just happen to know my name?

Strange and unsettling.

Are you on Face-Ache or My-Spaz? Apparently lots of t'Internet info is revealed on them?

love

Grim
P.s. It's probably just a mate on a wind-up?

Are you on Face-Ache or My-Spaz? Apparently lots of t'Internet info is revealed on them?

I'm on both, but my phone number isn't on either, and my 'address' is vague to say the least.

P.s. It's probably just a mate on a wind-up?

My friends don't really do things like that. And if it was them, then I'd recognise their mobile number sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L5zfNhfOklQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L5zfNhfOklQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

You SHOULD call the Police right NOW.

It is probably a wind up, but is illegal and dangerous.
Just because somebody thinks it's funny to send terror messages does not mean it should be ignored.
At the very least the cops will have a quiet word with the twerp.
This kind of call to the wrong person could cause days or weeks of panic and fear.
You must report it now.

Strange and unsettling.

Sorry to hear this...:( Could be some sick joke, i really don't know. Maybe let the police know or something.

i forget the site,but a friend of mine showed me it once,you can send texts to a phone and you wont recognize the number,people use it if they wanna text someone but do not have a cell phone,but it can also be used to prank people.

That's really scary Amy, I agree, you should go to the police
I am always suspicious of any package that comes for me, thinking that some internet person has sent me a dead stoat. :o

That's really scary Amy, I agree, you should go to the police
I am always suspicious of any package that comes for me, thinking that some internet person has sent me a dead stoat. :o

Well, it was alive when I sent it....:p

You're suppose to put holes in the box not the stoat! Jesus Chirst, sometimes I just DO NOT KNOW what to do with you :mad:

Oh that was blood? I thought fork holes would be like ventilation for the little mite, i thought it may be lactating....:confused:

It was my first time...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom