Three Morrissey releases delayed? How much will Moz fans take?

King Leer

Leering since '97
Now with the DVD on indefinite hiatus, we have three Morrissey releases that have been pushed back from their original release dates: Years of Refusal, the Southpaw Grammar re-master and the aforementioned Hollywood Bowl DVD.

I'm pretty patient as far as fans go. "Whenever it comes out, it comes out." But three for nothing? Ruddy hell, how much will fans take?

Now with the DVD on indefinite hiatus, we have three Morrissey releases that have been pushed back from their original release dates: Years of Refusal, the Southpaw Grammar re-master and the aforementioned Hollywood Bowl DVD.

I'm pretty patient as far as fans go. "Whenever it comes out, it comes out." But three for nothing? Ruddy hell, how much will fans take?

All You Need is Me was delayed too, and I only found out when I got to the shop after spending an hour or so getting there. I even checked on the website before I went. :mad:

It does kinda suck but I suppose there's not much we can do about it really. I severely doubt Moz is relishing in delaying the release of his material, that'd make no sense. He may well be as frustrated as anybody about it.

Southpaw...I guess that's still gonna come out soon. I can't imagine that'd be held back to cash in on YoR in any way as it doesn't matter when it comes it, it's really only going to be picked up by hardcore fans.

Hollywood Bowl DVD... I can see this being released after YoR due to there being a couple of new tracks on the DVD that may be on YoR. Or it's also quite possible that Moz genuinely wants it cancelled. Although his post the other day did beg the question - If it was really done without his permission and authorisation then how? Surely either him or someone from his management would've been aware of the show being filmed for commercial DVD release at some point in the near future and would therefore have to have some sort of permission? Otherwise we could all just tape Moz gigs and release them!

YoR... With Jerry passing (RIP fella) it makes sense that this was put back. Although the timing could never have been predicted, were they to release the album so close to Jerry's passing then the haters could have accused him and his label of cashing in on the publicity within music circles of Jerry's death. I think February is fine for a new album release, enough time to build up to it, put out a single, get a bit of press, some live shows etc.

Can we add a 4th to the list?

That 'exclusive release' that we were supposed to get after the Greatest Hits record. What the hell ever happened to that?!

Possibly the only good thing to come of this is the fact that imo February is the most boring month of the year (apologies to all those with birthdays, anniversaries, etc.!:D). So it will make a gloomy New York winter just a bit brighter for me.

But three for nothing? Ruddy hell, how much will fans take?

Not much more. I can assure you they're getting really f-ing irritated by this.

I'm pretty indifferent as long as he doesn't physically slap me in the face.
We'll get our lewt when we get our lewt.

Possibly the only good thing to come of this is the fact that imo February is the most boring month of the year (apologies to all those with birthdays, anniversaries, etc.!:D). So it will make a gloomy New York winter just a bit brighter for me.

Don't like Feb?
Top tip. Take up ski-ing!

I'm pretty patient when it comes to Morrissey - he hasn't really pissed me off in the last few years (and that includes several rescheduled shows and one cancellation).

HOWEVER, I have been on tenterhooks waiting for the Hollywood Bowl DVD - I've been excited about it ever since I heard they were filming; that tour was amazing, and I'd love a great souvenir of a fantastic "live appearance." If Morrissey decides to quash it, I will be well and truly pissed-off. It's not only that the fans will not have the opportunity to enjoy it, but that Morrissey would be shelving one of the highlights of his later career - a stupid move, in my eyes.

Then again, maybe things will work out, and the DVD will come out with his blessing. :pray:

As for Southpaw, I never cared for it, so I won't buy the re-issue anyway.

As for Years of Refusal, I assume there is a very good reason for the delay and, as someone said earlier, there is nothing more dreary than February - the perfect time for a Morrissey pick-me-up.

He could fart and it'd be a symphony!

Well, technically, Mr/ms Rain, he'd have to fart several times. A symphony is quite long.

Although, maybe if it's experimental music...

Hmmm. You certainly got me thinking.

As for Years of Refusal, I assume there is a very good reason for the delay and, as someone said earlier, there is nothing more dreary than February - the perfect time for a Morrissey pick-me-up.

Just in time for Valentine's Day? ;) :sweet: Years of refusing to buy into some stupid Hallmark occasion. :p

I will wait for Morrissey--I always have. Just the fact of knowing something’s even coming is good enough for me.

Don't like Feb?
Top tip. Take up ski-ing!

Or move down here to Australia! Feb is a beautiful month, probably best month of the year for weather, seems to be hot and humid most feb's without being ridiculously hot like over christmas :)

The greatest hits and That's how people will grow up was delayed onyl for a week mind you. But that makes it that every single thing realised on Decca so far has been delayed.

This is by no means a "I'm a better fan than you cause I've been here longer" post so hope no one takes it that way....but those that have been here since the 80s, 90s know all about delays when it comes to Moz. Heck, if we stood by 7 some years between Maladjusted and Quarry then a couple of months wait for a new one is nothing. I bet I can hold my breath while standing on my head longer than this delay.

joey

Back
Top Bottom