The Time Moz Held Your Hand

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
Remember the time(s) Morrissey took your hand at a show? Will you tell me about it? How did it happen? How did you feel? Did he make eye-contact with you? What was he singing? Has it had any lasting effects?

And if he hasn't held your hand yet... You've got something to look forward to! :D

Remember the time(s) Morrissey took your hand at a show? Will you tell me about it? How did it happen? How did you feel? Did he make eye-contact with you? What was he singing? Has it had any lasting effects?

And if he hasn't held your hand yet... You've got something to look forward to! :D

Well, there is this rash...

Morrissey has a way of making you feel like he's really singling you out, and all his attention for that moment is on you, and he wants to touch your hand even more than you want to touch his. Whether that's true or not is a matter of debate, believers v. nonbelievers.

Twice:

Universal Amphitheater Los Angeles, CA Nov 2004, Night Two

Civic Center, Pasadena, CA, Feb 2007, Night Two

Probably a combination of
1) these are two of the few times I’ve bothered getting way up front – both had limited access, standing pit sections which I was lucky enough to have a ticket for
2) I’m quite tall and have a good reach
3) I’m actually rather dashing.

:D

The first time was on Halloween in Baltimore, I was attempting to get on state but I knew I would be stoped by security. As I was being dragged away from the stage, I screamed Morrissey as loud as I could. He came over to me and I just barely got to shake his hand and I screamed "thank you, I love you!" to him. It was intense but not enough haha.

Then 3 days later in DC during "First of the Gang" I was determined to get on stage. Being 2nd row behind some strange people who were trying to PREVENT stage invadors was difficult. Moz came over and took my hand, tryed to pull me up on stage. It failed but I got a nice long shake of the hand and I caressed his arm with my other hand. :eek: I lost control over myself and had to hahaha. A few seconds later I crawled onto the stage and hugged him :D

The 3rd night at the roundhouse he shook my hand during "Sister..." and was kneeling down looking into my eyes. After we shared that moment and he attempted to move on, I wouldn't let go. Hahha. Once again something took over me and I couldnt control it. He looked at me with the very clear notion of "dear, I know you dont want to let go, but I can't hold your hand all night". So I did let go. But it was magic. I almost fainted with joy.

the last time in nyc was pretty special,i had like the worst week of my life and so it meant alot,and here is a pic of it.haha you can see i have the worst look on my face,i was saying "i love you"
hahaha

mozzershake-1.jpg

but my personal favorite was when i got a nice long hand shake during "now my heart is full " up in portland maine in 2000.
we had some nice long eye contact.

*swoon*

The first time was on Halloween in Baltimore, I was attempting to get on state but I knew I would be stoped by security. As I was being dragged away from the stage, I screamed Morrissey as loud as I could. He came over to me and I just barely got to shake his hand and I screamed "thank you, I love you!" to him. It was intense but not enough haha.

Then 3 days later in DC during "First of the Gang" I was determined to get on stage. Being 2nd row behind some strange people who were trying to PREVENT stage invadors was difficult. Moz came over and took my hand, tryed to pull me up on stage. It failed but I got a nice long shake of the hand and I caressed his arm with my other hand. :eek: I lost control over myself and had to hahaha. A few seconds later I crawled onto the stage and hugged him :D

The 3rd night at the roundhouse he shook my hand during "Sister..." and was kneeling down looking into my eyes. After we shared that moment and he attempted to move on, I wouldn't let go. Hahha. Once again something took over me and I couldnt control it. He looked at me with the very clear notion of "dear, I know you dont want to let go, but I can't hold your hand all night". So I did let go. But it was magic. I almost fainted with joy.

I was at the DC show. I had to miss him in Baltimore because I had to be with my daughter that night.

My memories of the DC show have faded. I don't remember you. D:

I too fear my chances are very remote. I'm a delicate sort, and don't enjoy being shoved around in the Pit. However, Morrissey made prolonged eye contact with me during a Las Vegas show, and that was very special.

Last edited:
the last time in nyc was pretty special,i had like the worst week of my life and so it meant alot,and here is a pic of it.haha you can see i have the worst look on my face,i was saying "i love you"
hahaha

mozzershake-1.jpg

but my personal favorite was when i got a nice long hand shake during "now my heart is full " up in portland maine in 2000.
we had some nice long eye contact.

*swoon*

This is wonderful terence! I'm very happy for you, plus you have a great pic of it :D

I was at the DC show. I had to miss him in Baltimore because I had to be with my daughter that night.

My memories of the DC show have faded. I don't remember you. D:

I was the girl that fell down a lot while on stage and lost a shoe. But it was so worth it. Nice gig, just wish it had been a fuller venue.

:D Well... It was when Morrissey played the playhouse back in Feb. I managed to get the front and i was right in the centre of the front row. I was getting crushed and i could hardly breath as the barrier was digging into my lungs. He was singing "Tomorrow" which is one of my fave songs of all time! It was song was finishing and i could feel my legs start to give way. I grabbed the man's arm next to me arm and i passes out. I woke up just as the sercuity man was bringing me over the barrier. I was gutted i would loose my place down at the front. So i clung onto the barrier. I was determed not to let go but my hand sliped. The man started to drag me to the side and i saw Morrissey. I pushed the and an other sercuity man out of the way and ran to Moz. He spotted and came over so i held out my hand. The sercuity man kept on pushing me away so we kept on missing each other but i kept on pushing him back. Then Finally our hands met and i looked up into his eyes. He looked right into my eyes and his big blues eyes twinkled and he gave this charming smile. He looked proud of me. :D:D:D. The werid thing was becuase i had just pased out i wasn't really aware of what i was doing. It must have been fate. He was singing "I'm throwing my arms around Paris". Whilest this was happening he sang:
"In absence of human touch" and the "LIfe, life Oh my God".
The pictutre is in my signature- Thanks to a wonderful person on here:D.
I'll never forget that moment. It was the best moment of my life.

Last edited:
:D Well... It was when Morrissey played the playhouse back in Feb. I managed to get the front and i was right in the centre of the front row. I was getting crushed and i could hardly breath as the barrier was digging into my lungs. He was singing "Tomorrow" which is one of my fave songs of all time! It was song was finishing and i could feel my legs start to give way. I grabbed the man's arm next to me arm and i passes out. I woke up just as the sercuity man was bringing me over the barrier. I was gutted i would loose my place down at the front. So i clung onto the barrier. I was determed not to let go but my hand sliped. The man started to drag me to the side and i saw Morrissey. I pushed the and an other sercuity man out of the way and ran to Moz. He spotted and came over so i held out my hand. The sercuity man kept on pushing me away so we kept on missing each other but i kept on pushing him back. Then Finally our hands met and i looked up into his eyes. He looked right into my eyes and his big blues eyes twinkled and he gave this charming smile. He looked proud of me. :D:D:D. The werid thing was becuase i had just pased out i wasn't really aware of what i was doing. It must have been fate. He was singing "I'm throwing my arms around Paris". Whilest this was happening he sang:

Thats a great story :D I'm glad you had that moment. And I know exactly what you mean; it does feel like the best moment of your life, and his eye DO sparkle the bluest blue ever. *swoon* haha

Thats a great story :D I'm glad you had that moment. And I know exactly what you mean; it does feel like the best moment of your life, and his eye DO sparkle the bluest blue ever. *swoon* haha

:D Yes, those Big Blue eyes are just heavenly and to see them so close up and looking at you!!! I don't know how i didn't pass out again!

Aww Sh, how nice was that...
you so deserved that handshake...
:)

:D Well... It was when Morrissey played the playhouse back in Feb. I managed to get the front and i was right in the centre of the front row. I was getting crushed and i could hardly breath as the barrier was digging into my lings. He was singing "Tomorrow" which is one of my fave songs of all time! It was song was finishing and i could feel my legs start to give way. I grabbed the man's arm next to me arm and i passes out. I woke up just as the sercuity man was bringing me over the barrier. I was gutted i would loose my place down at the front. So i clung onto the barrier. I was determed not to let go but my hand sliped. The man started to drag me to the side and i saw Morrissey. I pushed the and an other sercuity man out of the way and ran to Moz. He spotted and came over so i held out my hand. The sercuity man kept on pushing me away so we kept on missing each other but i kept on pushing him back. Then Finally our hands met and i looked up into his eyes. He looked right into my eyes and his big blues eyes twinkled and he gave this charming smile. He looked proud of me. :D. The werid thing was becuase i had just pased out i wasn't really aware of what i was doing. It must have been fate. He was singing "I'm throwing my arms around Paris". Whilest this was happening he sang:

I have this huge grin on my face....what a night for you!! I've been wondering what your signature meant..and I don't remember reading about your experience if you posted it...but wow. Just ...wow. :D
First off I love how determined you were...that is exceptional, especially since you had just woken up from passing out! Then the charming smile he gave you as if proud, awwwww. It's special that you have a photo to remember the memory of it all....just like terrance. :)
And lastly, what he said after the line from Paris....I'm sooo happy for you.

As for myself, it has not happened yet...BUT :D was has happened... Last October at the Palladium in Hollywood...I was about 3rd row back and I kept waving my arm at him so that I could give him what I had for him...and it got his attention at one point...he looked at my waving hand, then my arm, and realized it was connected to me...looked me in the face, then did a doubletake and we eyelocked. I dunno what look was spread across my face but my heart stopped at that moment. Just a little. :p Those eyes are mesmerizing....amazing. Unexplainable really. I made myself recognize what song he was singing at that moment becuase I knew I would regret not remembering... he was signing I'm throwing My Arms Around Paris.
I can't wait for any given moment that happens when I get to hold his hand.

I have this huge grin on my face....what a night for you!! I've been wondering what your signature meant..and I don't remember reading about your experience if you posted it...but wow. Just ...wow. :D
First off I love how determined you were...that is exceptional, especially since you had just woken up from passing out! Then the charming smile he gave you as if proud, awwwww. It's special that you have a photo to remember the memory of it all....just like terrance. :)
And lastly, what he said after the line from Paris....I'm sooo happy for you.

As for myself, it has not happened yet...BUT :D was has happened... Last October at the Palladium in Hollywood...I was about 3rd row back and I kept waving my arm at him so that I could give him what I had for him...and it got his attention at one point...he looked at my waving hand, then my arm, and realized it was connected to me...looked me in the face, then did a doubletake and we eyelocked. I dunno what look was spread across my face but my heart stopped at that moment. Just a little. :p Those eyes are mesmerizing....amazing. Unexplainable really. I made myself recognize what song he was singing at that moment becuase I knew I would regret not remembering... he was signing I'm throwing My Arms Around Paris.
I can't wait for any given moment that happens when I get to hold his hand.

:D Yes it was agreat night. Everytime i close my eyes i see the look and smile he gave me :D.

He first shook my hand properly (I say properly because there had been finger touching previously but not a full handshake as I couldn't reach far enough :o) at the Symphony Hall gig in 2006. I had a front row seat so I didn't have anyone pushing in my way to get to his hand, I spend the whole gig with my arms resting on the stage, nearly getting hit by his microphone wire.

He shook my hand when he came out on stage and I said thank you and he bowed his head and smiled. He shook my hand a further 2 times that night, the 2nd time he was singing "I thank you with all of my heart" as he looked at me and shook my hand and I really can't describe how happy this made me. :o

Back
Top Bottom