Morrissey In Manchester last week

mitchymoo

Hello

I met Morrissey in Manchester, well Hale to be precise last thursday afternoon, he was in the car park with an older woman. He was driving a 54 plate Mini Cooper. Does anyone know if he still has a place in Manchester? Me and a couple of mates have been wondering why he was up here? I spoke to him very briefly and shook his hand. Still cant believe it.

He doesn't own any real estate in England at all, last I had heard. He doesn't buy any because of the money that Mike Joyce is still trying to get out of him.

He doesn't own any real estate in England at all, last I had heard. He doesn't buy any because of the money that Mike Joyce is still trying to get out of him.

Crikey - I thought that was all done and dusted - are you sure he still owes Mike Joyce money?

I thought he owned real estate in Cheshire which his mother lives in.

How do you know Mike Joyce gets all The Smiths royalty money? Doesn't Johnny Marr and Morrissey get some? Doesn't Andy Rourke get money through Johnny Marr?
I don't know royalty money works is that for records or performances? Morrissey and Marr wrote all The Smith's songs didn't they?:confused:

So it's about 'recording royalties'.
I read what Morrissey said on 'True to You. net', but it still doesn't make total sense to me. Morrissey and Johnny Marr both seem to be pretty wealthy.
Mike Joyce seems to be reasonably wealthy as well. Why would Mike Joyce get 'legal aid' if he was wealthy?
Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke seem to be great friends, so I don't understand what Morrissey says about Mike Joyce doing Andy Rourke out of money?
Andy Rourke would be in the same position as Mike Joyce is today that is if Andy Rourke hadn't taken an 'out of court settlement' due to financial problems.
Doesn't Andy Rourke get money through Johnny Marr?
Andy Rourke seems to very good friends with both Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce.
Mike Joyce always seems to speak very highly of Morrissey and Marr which I find weird. Why does Mike Joyce do this?
If Mike Joyce is good friends with Andy Rourke then why would Mike Joyce do Andy Rourke out of money? A true friend wouldn't do this.
:confused:

Last edited:
Were Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce wealthy before the court case in 1996?
I don't understand Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce were both on 'Income Support'? This doesn't make sense if they were wealthy and were working.
Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce both got 'legal aid' why did they get this if they were wealthy?
Due to financial problems Andy Rourke took an 'out of court settlement' and then became bankrupt.
Doesn't Andy Rourke get money through Johnny Marr?
I think Mike Joyce still wishes The Smiths never split up? :confused: I find it all confusing.

Last edited:
I thought he owned real estate in Cheshire which his mother lives in.

Hale has - since 1974 - been in Greater Manchester, but the upwardly mobile people who live there still refer to it as Cheshire which is the county it belonged to before 1974.

Jukebox Jury

I was in Hale this afternoon and I didn't bump into him :(

Do you know how many MINI Coopers there are in Hale - bloody hundreds of 'em - and I drive a propper Mini so I tend to notice them - a lot. To the original poster - what colour was the car, and which car park? I bet it was on Cecil Road and Moz was just popping into "As Nature Intended" for some organic Honey.

I've no idea where his mum lives, but I always thought that Morrissey had once lived in Bowdon - but maybe that's just sloppy journalism as they are next door to each other...

It'd be cool if ,the next time I'm in the Railway watching a match, Morrissey walked in. Wonder what he'd drink?

Hale has - since 1974 - been in Greater Manchester, but the upwardly mobile people who live there still refer to it as Cheshire which is the county it belonged to before 1974.

Jukebox Jury

so its manchester then

No, never has been. It is in the Borough of Trafford, Greater Manchester.
The same borough where manchester united play - hence the City song ''You don't come from Manchester'':D

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom