The Sundays and The Trashcan Sinatras

oye terence

ampersand after ampersand
I am not sure if this has been a thread before,if so,oh well....

I love The sundays and have recently been listening to them again,as well as the Trashcan Sinatras.

I am a slave to jingle jangle guitar pop.

great cover.

and the lesser known,Trashcan Sinatras

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Sundays and The Trashcan Sinatras.

I think there was a Sundays thread...either that or I was commenting about them in some other thread...:p:confused:
I, too, bear the shackles. Thanks for posting this, Terence, I'm pretty sure I hadn't *seen* the singer; or maybe I'm blocking out my teens better than I thought I can't believe I never Youtubed The Sundays in all this time.:eek:

Aw, I remember Hayfever...

I love the The Trashcan Sinatras, and you're in luck, they are close to completing their new album. This band has had such a bad run, in terms of promotion and label woes, that they were forced into bankruptcy many moons ago. That they still preservere and continue to make music despite lack of mainstream success makes me love them more.

I enjoy reading this part of their website: studio recording update

Where's Charlie, whose siggy has one of the best lines written by TCS. I'm sure he can add more about them. ;)

Long live jingle jangle pop!

Last edited:

ooohhhh....nice taste! I found both groups a little late, but love them both. I only discovered the Trashcan Sinatras after their "Weightlifting" album got some airplay on the local college station. Good stuff...thanks for posting!

perhaps I should have just titled this the jingle jangle music thread.

two more of my faves...

teenage fanclub

the ocean blue

Cheers HBR, Oh i love the TCS too.
For some reason they don't have a record deal again...as yet anyway. Sign of the times i guess. The new album sounds like it will be amazing..still finishing it off though.
Nice thread!
P.S Terence did you ever check out this band? If not i reckon you'll love them.
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=844761

Cheers HBR, Oh i love the TCS too.
For some reason they don't have a record deal again...as yet anyway. Sign of the times i guess. The new album sounds like it will be amazing..still finishing it off though.
Nice thread!
P.S Terence did you ever check out this band? If not i reckon you'll love them.
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=844761

I have heard them and i was really impressed.

the trashcans seem to have the worst luck,its too bad,i thought weightlifting was a fantastic record.

I have heard them and i was really impressed.

the trashcans seem to have the worst luck,its too bad,i thought weightlifting was a fantastic record.

Yes, Weightlifting was really good, as was their debut, Cake.
Looking forward to the new one.
Has anyone heard their 1993 record I've Seen Everything? Been looking for it, but with no luck as of yet.

Yes, Weightlifting was really good, as was their debut, Cake.
Looking forward to the new one.
Has anyone heard their 1993 record I've Seen Everything? Been looking for it, but with no luck as of yet.

i have it,if i wasnt a computer idiot,i would copy it and put it up so you could download it.

Cake is wonderful

[QUOTEthe trashcans seem to have the worst luck,its too bad,i thought weightlifting was a fantastic record.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree - Weightlifting is fantastic. What a great band. I saw them in Dublin on the last tour and it was as good as always. Such an underrated band - and total gentlemen. Also think that A Happy Pocket is up there.

[QUOTEthe trashcans seem to have the worst luck,its too bad,i thought weightlifting was a fantastic record.

I have to agree - Weightlifting is fantastic. What a great band. I saw them in Dublin on the last tour and it was as good as always. Such an underrated band - and total gentlemen. Also think that A Happy Pocket is up there.[/QUOTE]

agreed.they put on a great live show as well,last time i saw them was a couple years back at this small place in boston,it was a moving show to say the least.

one of their "classics"

I guess I'm jumping the gun assuming TCS will have the record laid out for all to buy upon release!

Oye Terrence, my favorite Ocean Blue song is 'Ticket to Wyoming'. Hm, will have to see if there's a vid for it...

edit: no, but I've forgotten about 'Between Something and Nothing'!

Last edited:

Love both bands. Think Harriet Wheeler is the most talented female voice ever created. I am looking forward to her return whenever she choses to come back from mother-hood. Does anyone happen to have a recording of The Sundays performing Reel Around The Fountain?

I guess I'm jumping the gun assuming TCS will have the record laid out for all to buy upon release!

Oye Terrence, my favorite Ocean Blue song is 'Ticket to Wyoming'. Hm, will have to see if there's a vid for it...

edit: no, but I've forgotten about 'Between Something and Nothing'!

between something and nothing is the ocean blue in a nutshell,well the first phase,before they got oed.

Love both bands. Think Harriet Wheeler is the most talented female voice ever created. I am looking forward to her return whenever she choses to come back from mother-hood. Does anyone happen to have a recording of The Sundays performing Reel Around The Fountain?

i have only heard it a couple times,it was a pretty good cover.

I've got quite a lot of Trashcan's stuff on here, if anyone wants anything gives us a shout.
Cheers!

I love the Trashcans. I have a few bits too if anyone wants anything by them, don't have the 'I've Seen Everything' album though, sadly.

Thanks. As I said above I've been looking for the 'I've Seen Everything' album. In return I can upload the 'I've Seen Everything' cd-single, which I bought by accident instead...

I can handle that for you. Check Back later today.

i'll sort out 'a happy pocket' then, all settled.

Tags
nostalgia
Back
Top Bottom