Morrissey Bobble Head

th morrissey toy statues that came out a few years ago

does anyone know how many were actually made, the retail price and what they go for now on ebay?

last time i saw one was in a shop in manchester but sadly the guy wouldn't sell it.

cheers:cool:

Re: th morrissey toy statues that came out a few years ago

does anyone know how many were actually made, the retail price and what they go for now on ebay?

last time i saw one was in a shop in manchester but sadly the guy wouldn't sell it.

cheers:cool:

There was one bloke on ebay that, as far as I know, sold all of them. I bought one of the first ones that were listed, I think I paid about £70 for it, by the time it had arrived (broken in transit) the seller had changed his ebay name to "bobble headed moz". He sent another - broken again in transit. By the time the third one arrived he had arranged for a company to produce polystyrene packaging for it - it arrived in one piece and has staed in the box ever since - in fact it's still at work, my partner would go mad if she ever saw it, or knew how much I'd paid for it - she can tollerate records, but this would take the biscuit!

His story was that friends of his used to work for a company that had made them to pitch to HMV with a plan to sell them in stores - but somewhere along the line HMV lost interest, or the company ran out of money, but they stayed in boxes for years until this bloke started listing them on ebay.

He carried on selling loads of them - I think the going rate came down to about £30.

Now it seams like they've all been sold. If people are wanting them the price can only go up...but I'm not sure it will ever get back upto £70 :(

Re: th morrissey toy statues that came out a few years ago

:cool:
There was one bloke on ebay that, as far as I know, sold all of them. I bought one of the first ones that were listed, I think I paid about £70 for it, by the time it had arrived (broken in transit) the seller had changed his ebay name to "bobble headed moz". He sent another - broken again in transit. By the time the third one arrived he had arranged for a company to produce polystyrene packaging for it - it arrived in one piece and has staed in the box ever since - in fact it's still at work, my partner would go mad if she ever saw it, or knew how much I'd paid for it - she can tollerate records, but this would take the biscuit!

His story was that friends of his used to work for a company that had made them to pitch to HMV with a plan to sell them in stores - but somewhere along the line HMV lost interest, or the company ran out of money, but they stayed in boxes for years until this bloke started listing them on ebay.

He carried on selling loads of them - I think the going rate came down to about £30.

Now it seams like they've all been sold. If people are wanting them the price can only go up...but I'm not sure it will ever get back upto £70 :(
thanks for the info.:cool:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you're all happy to pay £30 why don't you order them from here

http://www.viva-moz.com/

(I live with the shame of having the pair of them in view from my desk)

Mine arrived in the post yesterday direct from Viva-Moz:)

Looks pretty good on the side, next to the stereo:cool:

Jukebox Jury

I bought the one on ebay with the discolored chin. I figured that no one would notice and I don't collect for value just my own personal enjoyment. The flowers are prone to breaking; I'm worried about that. The "older Moz" doll just looks a bit too tan for my liking, but I will, of course, get it anyways.:D

Last edited:
The flowers are prone to breaking; I'm worried about that.

Haha, that made me laugh, the flowers on mine broke and I had to superglue them back on, I came into the room and my 6 year old had little Morrissey and her Barbie kissing one another, she thought he was a doll! lol :D

*bumping* seeing as the subject of tees/bobbleheads and what not has come to my attention today!
I was very lucky to receive the '1980's Mozzer bobblehead for my birthday as a present, and then we discovered both on viva-moz, so purchased the pair.

So, if anyone is interested in a spare bobblehead, in excellent condition with no broken bits, PM me. However, it was off Evil bay and it is very slightly discoloured. Having said that, you need a magnifying glass to find it.

Otherwise I think we will pop it back on ebay for sale anyway as we've got a brand new pair :)

Back
Top Bottom