Does God Exist?

Does God exist?

• Total voters

chica

v2.0
Because the religion thread was archived ;)

I would also like to know, has he always existed? Or did he come into existence at some point? What did he do before he created universe if he has always existed? And who created him if he came into existence at some point?

Also, has he created universe and stopped meddling, or does he still make things happen?

And most importantly, does he hear our thoughts and see our deeds, and is he going to condemn us to hell after we die if he's not satisfied with us? *concerned* :o

Because the religion thread was archived ;)

I would also like to know, has he always existed? Or did he come into existence at some point? What did he do before he created universe if he has always existed? And who created him if he came into existence at some point?

Also, has he created universe and stopped meddling, or does he still make things happen?

And most importantly, does he hear our thoughts and see our deeds, and is he going to condemn us to hell after we die if he's not satisfied with us? *concerned* :o

Like Mozzia said, whether God exists or not is really a matter of belief - no-one can prove that He does or doesn't.

Personally, I have always believed that God exists :) He hears our thoughts and sees our deeds, but we don't have to live perfect lives to enter Heaven; we only need to have genuine faith, and show it in our...deeds and thoughts :p

i believe there is some impartial universal life force that unites us all, not so much the mono-theistic "God" of Islam, Christianity and Judism. Eastern religions just make so much sense to me...

He does exist. His name is Morrissey.

With all kidding aside, read Summa Theologica by St. Thomas Aquinas.

so something..someone..somewhere..75%:pray:

If you believe in him, he exists.
If you don't believe in him, he doesn't.

Great post. Don't know if I agree, but it's fascinating.
I don't really know. If a God exists I think it's something we can't conceive or understand, not an anthropomorphous being, like the Christian's Father or Jesus (it's only cos we are humans and therefore naively believe it's similar to us, like the ancient Greeks did as well).

I would also like to know, has he always existed?
It's easier to think so.
Or did he come into existence at some point?
hmm...
What did he do before he created universe if he has always existed?
Played chess online.
And who created him if he came into existence at some point?
Then you could ask who created the first God and if he has always existed. A vicious circle. I think all these questions are generated by our lack or knowledge, science hasn't explained it and I can't see it happen. It's a limit concept, something we cannot experience, like mathematical objects, you can only lean towards them.

That's interesting. I don't know, it is possible that he makes things happen. The next question is: Has he got will? Is it something like mother nature? Fate?

Damn you Chica :p you always start intelligent threads, I don't come on here to spend a few hours thinking about serious and profound things :p

And most importantly, does he hear our thoughts and see our deeds, and is he going to condemn us to hell after we die if he's not satisfied with us?
This question makes sense only if you believe he's somewhat like us. Maybe he's not even a thinking being.

I used to be VERY sure of this question, but that was 20 years ago, and although I wish there were a God, I am not so certain. I read a book called, "God Is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens last year, and he almost had me convinced. I just don't know.

Jesus definitely existed, but I don't know about God. I like to believe in Him (because, with a Catholic upbringing, what else can you do?) and I believe in the Buddha too...but I really don't know if God exists or not. ;)

Whether it exists or not has nothing to do with whether you believe in it or not.

Whether it exists or not has nothing to do with whether you believe in it or not.

That's very true. It has to do with a bit of common sense and scientific evidence.

I'm an atheist with regards to all the gods various religions believe in.
I think there could be a possibility that there is some uncomphrensible superior being or force beyond us, but of course that's hard to tell. I'll know when I'm dead. Maybe. Sure, you can't disprove god. But you only need a very simple Richard Dawkins argument about a teapot to counter that.

Personally I find religion useless, backward and restrictive. I think now because it has become so marginalised, the few remaining are becoming far more fundamental and extreme in their views. I mean it still makes me laugh how not a single religion seems to understand or accept homosexuality as something that just happens and always will happen.

Often I can see the value of religion. A lot of people who have had many problems in their life usually turn to religion to rejuvinate themselves and they benefit greatly from it. And that's fine.

But when it begins to infringe on my liberties, then I take issue.

I'm an atheist with regards to all the gods various religions believe in.
I think there could be a possibility that there is some uncomphrensible superior being or force beyond us, but of course that's hard to tell. I'll know when I'm dead. Maybe. Sure, you can't disprove god. But you only need a very simple Richard Dawkins argument about a teapot to counter that.

Personally I find religion useless, backward and restrictive. I think now because it has become so marginalised, the few remaining are becoming far more fundamental and extreme in their views. I mean it still makes me laugh how not a single religion seems to understand or accept homosexuality as something that just happens and always will happen.

Often I can see the value of religion. A lot of people who have had many problems in their life usually turn to religion to rejuvinate themselves and they benefit greatly from it. And that's fine.

But when it begins to infringe on my liberties, then I take issue.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Tags
!arguing on the internet !is like r--oh never mind he's busy watching you masturbate
Back
Top Bottom