Morrissey reading Proust at Luxuria gig

OK, before you all shout "old news!" at me - the reason I bring this up is that I've just been sorting through some negatives of gig photos and came across several rolls of the Luxuria gig at the Town & Country on13/03/88. I was shooting officially BTW, with a permit. On one roll there are three shots of Moz reading Proust (to the introduction of Mlle).

I'd forgotten that I'd taken these so thought I'd search Morrissey-Solo and see if any other pics exist and if the subject has been discussed here before. Seems it has, but not recently.

Last time it was discussed someone here had a recording of the Luxuria show in question. Now I would dearly love to hear that - and if some kind person would be prepared to upload it (preferably the whole show), I'd be so grateful that I'd very probably feel compelled to upload the photos!

I've never heard a recording of Moz at this show - but the way I remember it was that Howard introduced Moz along the lines of "He's been on his sick bed for the last (?) years, but he's here tonight, Marcel Proust!". I'd love to know if I remember correctly.

OK, before you all shout "old news!" at me - the reason I bring this up is that I've just been sorting through some negatives of gig photos and came across several rolls of the Luxuria gig at the Town & Country on13/03/88. I was shooting officially BTW, with a permit. On one roll there are three shots of Moz reading Proust (to the introduction of Mlle).

I'd forgotten that I'd taken these so thought I'd search Morrissey-Solo and see if any other pics exist and if the subject has been discussed here before. Seems it has, but not recently.

Last time it was discussed someone here had a recording of the Luxuria show in question. Now I would dearly love to hear that - and if some kind person would be prepared to upload it (preferably the whole show), I'd be so grateful that I'd very probably feel compelled to upload the photos!

I've never heard a recording of Moz at this show - but the way I remember it was that Howard introduced Moz along the lines of "He's been on his sick bed for the last (?) years, but he's here tonight, Marcel Proust!". I'd love to know if I remember correctly.

Oh, upload them anyway. Be a sport!

:)

Wow! Thanks a ton!

Delicious speaking voice too

At a Luxuria gig, 13 March 1988, Town & Country, London

"Those few steps from the landing to Albertine's door,
those few steps which no one now could prevent my taking,
I took with delight, with prudence, as though plunged into a new and strange element,
as if in going forward I had been gently displacing the liquid stream of happiness,
and at the same time with a strange feeling of absolute power (power!),
and of entering at length into an inheritance which had belonged to me from all time."

This is just Morrissey not the whole show. I don't have that.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dtclan

Thanks!:) That's great. Howard's intro was pretty close to how I remembered it. I've had that memory stored away for 20 years!:eek:

Where is EILS?

We'd love to see the pictures, many thanks. :)

EILS = Everyday I Like Sundae

Watch this space. I only have negatives so will have to either get the negs scanned or get prints made - I sold my darkroom equipment years ago. All digital these days folks.

In the meantime, I'd still love a copy of the complete Luxuria show if anyone has it. :pray: I remember the gig really well, Barry Adamson came on for the encore and they played a blistering The Light Pours Out Of Me. Come to think of it, if not the whole Town & Country show I'd settle for mp3s of just Mlle (the song with the Moz intro) & The Light Pours.

Re: Morrissey reading Proust - previously unseen photos

Morrissey reads Marcel Proust – the photographic evidence!

On March 13 1988, Morrissey made a guest appearance with Howard Devoto’s new band, Luxuria, at the Town & Country Club in Kentish Town, reading Marcel Proust.

A slideshow of previously unseen still photographs (with audio from the show) can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=morrissey+proust&search_type=

Brilliant photos, thanks :D

Re: Morrissey reading Proust - previously unseen photos

Morrissey reads Marcel Proust – the photographic evidence!

On March 13 1988, Morrissey made a guest appearance with Howard Devoto’s new band, Luxuria, at the Town & Country Club in Kentish Town, reading Marcel Proust.

A slideshow of previously unseen still photographs (with audio from the show) can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=morrissey+proust&search_type=

wonderfull you are a star!:D

Back
Top Bottom