Request: Associates - Sulk

can anyone post the song, steven your really something..Or provide me a link if it is already here and active

Sulk is one of the Great albums. I was marginalised for liking it - hated for loving it. I have Steven...somewhere. If I can find it, I'll upload it.

Peter

As an aside to this - one of my horrible, horrible childhood memories is going to a party of posh kids, and me, a council house kid - they all had their Duran Duran albums, and all I wanted to do was play "Skipping". Which they did, and it emptied the cellar disco. I was so proud. I loved the song then, and I love it now, 30 years on.

Peter

Glenn Gregory of Heaven 17 is emotional as he describes a tribute night to Billy McKenzie, where he sings Party Fears Two and Drive-in Saturday. And Billy gives Glenn a whippet. What a story. This is pretty special.

Goodnight,

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Sulk is one of the Great albums. I was marginalised for liking it - hated for loving it. I have Steven...somewhere. If I can find it, I'll upload it.

Peter

It took me years to have at last the Sulk album, and I did when I visited France last Feb (There's no associates stuff in Mexico). It's a great album, my favorite is the "gloomy sunday" version. I'm amazed about how haunting was Mackenzie's voice, with that frame of dark synth arrangements. I would be so pleased if somebody upload the amazing song "Breakfast", I know somebody must.:cool:

While searching for new music I came across The Associates' Skipping. It was love at first listen- I must hear more of this music.

Would anyone who has Sulk be so kind as to upload it for me? Failing that, any album from them that a newcomer would enjoy would be highly appreciated.

um you can buy it mate. It's available all over.

Last edited:
It took me years to have at last the Sulk album, and I did when I visited France last Feb (There's no associates stuff in Mexico). It's a great album, my favorite is the "gloomy sunday" version. I'm amazed about how haunting was Mackenzie's voice, with that frame of dark synth arrangements. I would be so pleased if somebody upload the amazing song "Breakfast", I know somebody must.:cool:

Perhaps is also available which had breakfast on it. I own everything The Asociates ever did and pretty much most of Billy's solo stuff too.

itunes has Sulk as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...h-alias=aps&field-keywords=associates&x=0&y=0

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
um you can buy it mate. It's available all over.

SIR,

Your vigilence and moral integrity are duly noted, however:

A) this topic is 4 months old,
B) I wasn't aware that this album was "available all over,"
C) I'd heard next to nothing from Associates and I wanted to know if I liked them, and above all else
D) I really don't care very much at the moment.

The next time I'm considering an Associates acquisition I'll do so legally. In the meantime, kindly take a step back and mind your own.

WITH ALL RESPECT DUE,

++++++

SIR,

Your vigilence and moral integrity are duly noted, however:

A) this topic is 4 months old,
B) I wasn't aware that this album was "available all over,"
C) I'd heard next to nothing from Associates and I wanted to know if I liked them, and above all else
D) I really don't care very much at the moment.

The next time I'm considering an Associates acquisition I'll do so legally. In the meantime, kindly take a step back and mind your own.

WITH ALL RESPECT DUE,

++++++

That's fine you can keep your respect as you sound like you need all you can get Major Charles Emerson Winchester

Last edited:
SIR,

Major Charles Emerson Winchester, you say? I quite like the ring of that. I think I now have a suitable name to give my first (of many) born. Perhaps an unpleasant work day led me to deliver my prior correspondence in an unwarranted and (I assure you) uncharacteristically rude manner. Perhaps I should apologize for my hot words. Perhaps I should apologize for my hot pants. I know not. Chin up- I like your style, my boy. The army will make a man of you yet.

YOURS IN HIS SERVICE,

++++++

Stephen/Steven(?), You're (Still?) Really Something

Does anyone know where I can hear this? I'm not really that fussed about The Associates (therefore not that keen to buy the album it is on- i'm bloody poor) but I'd love to hear this track. Or even see the lyrics! It seems to be the WWW's best kept secret.

Back
Top Bottom