More than enough to fight and oppose.

ivanhoe

King of the mild frontier
In a week when Richard and Judy announce they're not retiring after all, Spandau ballet reform and Michael Jackson re-releases thriller why does Moz get such a slagging, from his own fans!
It's understandable from those that never got him, but this site is rife with venom spouting. They cant all be anti Moz infiltraters. I'm not talking about balanced criticism, that's perfectly healthy but the out and out hostility.
I was watching McCartney on the Brits, i mean credit were its due and all but what has that guy done of worth since the Beatles? zip. yet he's lauded and applauded from pillar to post. You don't hear Beatles fans campaigning for his assassination cos he hasn't rehashed sgt pepper or white album or whatever.
:confused:

that'll be because he isn't beyond criticism.
Quite. He's not perfect, and frankly, current behaviour is really making me doubt him.

Wait...
Spandau Ballet have reformed??

whooo hoooooooooooooooooo
:D:guitar::D:guitar:

Wait...
Spandau Ballet have reformed??

whooo hoooooooooooooooooo
:D:guitar::D:guitar:
that was my reaction too :D Come on lottie, join in:
"GOLD! (gold) always believe in your souuuuuuuuuuuuuuul "

that was my reaction too :D Come on lottie, join in:
"GOLD! (gold) always believe in your souuuuuuuuuuuuuuul "

i might be imagining this but wasnt Gold no1 of the main UK pop chart at the exact same time Hand in Glove was no1 of the indie chart?

by the way, whats all the slagging the OP is referring to?

i might be imagining this but wasnt Gold no1 of the main UK pop chart at the exact same time Hand in Glove was no1 of the indie chart?

by the way, whats all the slagging the OP is referring to?
honestly, I have no idea! Hubby might know, he knows that kind of thing, I'm too bust reading heat :D

who's OP?

Richard Madely is orange and he married his mother.(best Moz quote:))As for sir Paul i never understood what all the fuss was about.He'll still be boring us with catchy little ditties when rigomortis has set in.:(

Like i said i'm not talking about balanced criticism, this drivel below was the first post i saw on the main page, one of many.

Yawn (Score:0)
Oh joy, another load of ham-fisted, meat grinder-esque guitar performances from Boz and co. Morrissey will harp on once more about his problems all being somebody elses fault..he'll flaggelate himself with the mic chord, yes, we've seen it all before.

Morrissey has never needed the creative spark of Johnny Marr more.

If you cant live without the petulant pretentiousness of the smiths why spend half your life on a Morrissey solo site?

Like i said i'm not talking about balanced criticism, this drivel below was the first post i saw on the main page, one of many.

Oh joy, another load of ham-fisted, meat grinder-esque guitar performances from Boz and co. Morrissey will harp on once more about his problems all being somebody elses fault..he'll flaggelate himself with the mic chord, yes, we've seen it all before.

If you cant live without the petulant pretentiousness of the smiths why spend half your life on a Morrissey solo site?
habit?

Why does it bother you so much?

On the main pages there is a lot of hate but most of it is said to be from a small number of disillusioned people who found Morrissey not to be what they expected or demanded.

The Forums are kinder, generally. I think it healthy to be able to criticise as well as praise where it is due. Those who adore unreservedly are as lacking in perspective as those who hate bitterly. You will see all sorts here. Personally I would prefer a bit of conflict to the tedium of sites where all you see is gushing praise and no dissent allowed. It's not easy to get the balance right.

The forums are interesting because of the off-topic and other music threads. Talking about one person all the time can get stale and it's good to hear opinions on other things. The community is what you make it. Contribute interesting discussion and you will be rewarded.
:)

On the main pages there is a lot of hate but most of it is said to be from a small number of disillusioned people who found Morrissey not to be what they expected or demanded.

The Forums are kinder, generally. I think it healthy to be able to criticise as well as praise where it is due. Those who adore unreservedly are as lacking in perspective as those who hate bitterly. You will see all sorts here. Personally I would prefer a bit of conflict to the tedium of sites where all you see is gushing praise and no dissent allowed. It's not easy to get the balance right.

The forums are interesting because of the off-topic and other music threads. Talking about one person all the time can get stale and it's good to hear opinions on other things. The community is what you make it. Contribute interesting discussion and you will be rewarded.
:)
well said!

Back
Top Bottom