Which is your favourite of the new (post Ringleader) songs?

Which is your favourite 'new' song?

• Total voters

Maurice E

Apologies for yet another Morrissey song poll but would be interesting to hear what the general view is on the new songs, now there are six (I think)...

I genuinely love them all, i think they are all great tbh. My favourite if i were pushed though would be Mama....

i also love them all, but all you need is me would be my first choice.
then mama, skull, paris, farewell, thpgu.
in that order!

i also love them all, but all you need is me would be my first choice.
then mama, skull, paris, farewell, thpgu.
in that order!

Same for me, if you switch Paris and Skull :) thpTu is in last :sick:

That's How People Grow Up and One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell are my favorites.
But I really do love all of the new songs.

At the moment I can´t decide between All you need is me and Mama. Although I like Squeezing my skull a lot, too. Hmm... :rolleyes:
Well, it can change next week. Or even tomorrow. Depends on my mood which songs I like the most.

I voted for "skull" cos it is instantly catchy and is a very "morrissey" lyric tho' i must also heap praise on "mama" too ! the lyrics are not brilliant but it very melodic and i love the military drumming ! "all you need is me is also a great pop song and i love the outro "you dont like me..." bit too. Funny how the chosen single is probably the least favourite amongst the majority ! "all you need.." would have been a better choice methinks

For me its Paris and Farewell. They stand out live!

although every single song he has written and recorded is 110% +++++++++++++++++++++ perfect, i like 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' the best!!

Probably all you need is me but they're all pretty sub standard, following on from the mediocrity of ROTT. I wish Moz or whoever is directing the music would give up this boring 'every song sounds the same' glam rock style, it's so so dull. Although Morrissey has been guilty of some really poor lyrics recently too. Is it just me who thinks he's going through the motions and doesn't really have anything meaningful to say at the moment? Songs like that's how people grow up lyrically are just the stereotypical morrissey by numbers type and it's depressing.

I voted for ALL YOU NEED IS ME, though MAMA is a very, very close second. It was hard to choose between the two.

For me its Mama and Paris. Mama has brilliant drums, it reminded me of "The Father Who Must Be Killed" in terms of context because I can't fathom where he got the story from.

Paris is morrissey back to his city streets embracing self, he has never spoken as sentimentaly about american streets or cities as he has about european ones most notably!

Mama is really nice and Squeezing is also nice, although i think the end of the song ("don't give me anymore") spoils it really. The live version of all you need is me was great but the studioversion lacks the passion in the singing. Well, to be honest i like all the new tracks but they're a little less than expected.

Back
Top Bottom