Love Moz Hate Racism Shirts

Mozgrrl

lock-jawed pop-star
I posted this in the "We the undersigned Love Morrissey and hate racism" thread too, but I think more people will see it here...read below...

View attachment 3904

Hi Guys, ok I am going to print this shirt for the London gigs. I will be there for all 6. If you want one, I will charge you whatever it costs me (trying to figure that out now-probably NO MORE than $8-$10 plus shipping). PM me with your size and email address and I can arrange for you to get one. I would prefer NOT to bring 100 t-shirts in my suitcase to London (from the USA), so if I can send them to you, that would be cool. I am going to have them printed on black unisex t-shirts. The people that had the original idea, Morrisseythe23rd, Uncleskinny & Grim, will get one for no charge.

(I am also going to try to get them to the band, so hopefully they will wear them for at least 1 of the gigs!)

Ok, who wants to MAKE A STATEMENT & SUPPORT OUR BOY!?!?

"Love Moz Hate Racism" sounds to me like "I love Moz even though he's a racist".
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that implies that Morrissey is a racist, no?

I think that people should just stop talking about Morrissey and racism altogether. He is not a racist so let's leave it behind and enjoy the music.

Sorry if I wrong... English is not my first language.

"Love Moz Hate Racism" sounds to me like "I love Moz even though he's a racist".
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that implies that Morrissey is a racist, no?

I think that people should just stop talking about Morrissey and racism altogether. He is not a racist so let's leave it behind and enjoy the music.

Sorry if I wrong... English is not my first language.

I disagree with you. Sorry. I think this supports Moz, with all that's been going on...it actually came from the shirt LOVE MUSIC HATE RACISM, which is sold on the campaigns website.

http://www.lovemusichateracism.com/

It's a great idea and I'd love one. But, please, let's think about the carbon footprint of British fans asking for an american to print of some t-shirts to send over to Britain for some gigs.

I know nothing about t-shirt printing (so I'm not volunteering for this) but wouldn't it make sense for a UK based fan to get them printed? M23, Grim et al do you fancy it? - sounds like your idea in the first place.

I'll have one - XL please - Sky Blue rather than black

Wouldn't it be more fun to wear this one?

a145.gif

I posted this in the "We the undersigned Love Morrissey and hate racism" thread too, but I think more people will see it here...read below...

View attachment 3904

Hi Guys, ok I am going to print this shirt for the London gigs. I will be there for all 6. If you want one, I will charge you whatever it costs me (trying to figure that out now-probably NO MORE than $8-$10 plus shipping). PM me with your size and email address and I can arrange for you to get one. I would prefer NOT to bring 100 t-shirts in my suitcase to London (from the USA), so if I can send them to you, that would be cool. I am going to have them printed on black unisex t-shirts. The people that had the original idea, Morrisseythe23rd, Uncleskinny & Grim, will get one for no charge.

(I am also going to try to get them to the band, so hopefully they will wear them for at least 1 of the gigs!)

I believe the charges of racism against Morrissey have been baseless. But if Morrissey fans now feel the need to sport t-shirts at his upcoming gigs that anounce they are not racist despite loving Moz, I may have to re-think things.

View attachment 3904

you still amaze me, you only like Morrissey for the music (so you once claimed), so why do you come here, surely everything Morrissey stands for is alien to you. Everytime anyone decent tries to do anything decent you are first in the queue trying to put them down usually with your boring cut & slapstick pastes!

Grim

I believe the charges of racism against Morrissey have been baseless. But if Morrissey fans now feel the need to sport t-shirts at his upcoming gigs that anounce they are not racist despite loving Moz, I may have to re-think things.

Last Call for shirts...the order is going in this weekend, and we are printing them in the next few weeks. PM me if you want one ASAP. I will have the shirts by 1st week in January. For all UKer's, I can bring them with me to the London gigs, so no postage! :D

VIVA MOZ!

anything that denounces racism is good so the t shirts are a good idea.."nationalism is the last refuge of the scally"

To me, I would have thought it was a given that a real Moz fan is against racism. You may as well say you don't agree with paedophilia or whatever. I think this will just make people think that you believe he is racist but you're not. I know that is obviously not what you believe, I just think it looks bad for Moz if even his own fans feel the need to point this out having it emblazoned on their chests.

To me, I would have thought it was a given that a real Moz fan is against racism. You may as well say you don't agree with paedophilia or whatever. I think this will just make people think that you believe he is racist but you're not. I know that is obviously not what you believe, I just think it looks bad for Moz if even his own fans feel the need to point this out having it emblazoned on their chests.

I feel the same too

Do you honestly think that January in England is t-shirt wearing weather?!?!

p.s. I don’t like the slogan. I agree with the points made. This whole “racism” thing should be laid to rest now! It doesn’t need to be brought up again in the form of t-shirts.....in JANUARY!!! :mad:

Cool you don't want shirts but why come and say you don't. By virtue of the fact you'll not contact her to say you want one means that you don't! The thread wasn't a debate on whether they're a good idea but more for those that did want one, and i for one do. Many thanks.:)

Thank you very much. However the only show Mrs 23rd is letting me go to this time round is Edinburgh. I would like one of those T-shirts but doubt I would wear it to the concert. Grim could transport it North for me?

I now have reservations about this idea. If some people think it implies that Morrissey is a racist, then others will too. Those against have raised valid points. I had thought of an anti-NME T-shirt but decided against that, as it would be publicity for them. This one is tougher than the West Lothian question.

A bit of direction would be nice but we can't expect word from the top. Individuals will need to decide for themselves what they think is best.

As for as me printing T-shirts. Firstly, others would be better able and secondly, I have always tried to keep away from anything that 'may' upset the Morrissey camp. Yeah, I often fail with my heart in the right place and that is too heart breaking for me to take. This slowly recovering, broken man could not cope risking a misplaced warm intention, resulting in being held up against a wall being asked, what I thought I was doing by the very people I love so much and want to demonstrate support towards.

The squalor of the mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom